Which Hunger Games book did you like best?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

What's your favourite Hunger Games book?
The Hunger Games (book one) 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Catching Fire (book two) 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Mockingjay (book three) 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
They were all equal 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
I didn't like the series 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
I haven't read all of the them but would like to see the results 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 7:17 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this. I thought about the adolescent forum, but adults are reading it too, I thought about writing/art/music form, but this book is even popular for non-readers so people may miss this thread who enjoyed the books because they don't normally check that forum. So mods, if you want move this, feel free to do so, I won't be offended.

I liked the second book the best, I liked the cliffhanger ending and it seemed like it was the fastest-paced book to me. I thought the first one was a bit slow at the start but it got better and was pretty exciting. The third was one was good, but I didn't like the ending much, if anyone wants to read why, here is my blog on it, I don't want to post it here because I don't want anyone who wants to read it to see the ending:

Mockingjay Ending: (Spoilers)

So, what did you like and not like about the books?

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

16 Apr 2012, 7:29 pm

To be honest, I liked all of them equally. It is a continuous story, after all. :P

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 7:34 pm

Albirea wrote:
To be honest, I liked all of them equally. It is a continuous story, after all. :P

yeah i usually just think of a book series as the same book. Main exception I can think of is the inheritance cycle. The last book isn't near as good. I am glad I read it but it was a let down.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 7:36 pm

Delphiki wrote:
Albirea wrote:

yeah i usually just think of a book series as the same book. Main exception I can think of is the inheritance cycle. The last book isn't near as good. I am glad I read it but it was a let down.

Yes, but still, even in single books, there are certain chapters I like better than others.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 8:17 pm

deleted

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 8:49 pm

I usually don't even notice the seperation of chapters.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 9:31 pm

Delphiki wrote:

REALLY? 8O Is that how you are supposed to read books? I really disliked "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime" because there were no chapters. I pretty much read books according to chapters. I mean, I usually don't stop anywhere I place, I have to read the whole chapter first. I assumed everyone read books this way. Up until now. But as usual, I am probably the weird one.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 9:37 pm

ocdgirl123 wrote:
Delphiki wrote:

REALLY? 8O Is that how you are supposed to read books? I really disliked "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime" because there were no chapters. I pretty much read books according to chapters. I mean, I usually don't stop anywhere I place, I have to read the whole chapter first. I assumed everyone read books this way. Up until now. But as usual, I am probably the weird one.

haha there is no right way to read books. I usually am reading an ebook, so it saves my place (well it is supposed to, once in a while it doesn't). But I remember back in second grade that I would just stop randomly, I usually don't stop at the end of a chapter unless we were supposed to for school. What else would old fashioned book marks before? :P

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 9:41 pm

Delphiki wrote:
ocdgirl123 wrote:
Delphiki wrote:

haha there is no right way to read books. I usually am reading an ebook, so it saves my place (well it is supposed to, once in a while it doesn't). But I remember back in second grade that I would just stop randomly, I usually don't stop at the end of a chapter unless we were supposed to for school. What else would old fashioned book marks before? :P

OK, so everyone is different. It's interesting how we assume everyone does simple things like us. I guess I sort of knew someone might not pay attention to chapters, but I automatically assume that's how people would do it because that's the way I do it.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 9:44 pm

But do you see what I am saying? it is all the same story. Harry Potter is too, yeah he is different ages or in different grades, but I think of it as all the same.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 6:44 am

I like the one about that stuff.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 2:53 pm

I liked only the first book, the other two were just additions. But I enjoyed King's "The Running Man" and "The Long Walk" much more :) I didn't like it that in the books people had such weird names - it was, as if the whole thing was taking place in a different dimension, rather than in our world (even if set in a really very distant future). It amused me that at one point Katniss thought to herself that Glimmer had a weird name, lol, it's not like she herself was a Mary or a Sarah.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 7:17 pm

Delphiki wrote:
But do you see what I am saying? it is all the same story. Harry Potter is too, yeah he is different ages or in different grades, but I think of it as all the same.

Yes, I am just saying I PERSONALLY, don't think of books that way.

rileyup
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Apr 2012, 6:36 am

i like the hunger pains

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 4:30 pm

I recently watched the movie and read the book every now and then - a minor obsession of mine :) But it's already gone.