Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ibtiamat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2012, 3:02 pm

Hello, my name is Beth. I have heard of this site and heard it was for Autism and Autism Spectrum people and supporters so I registered.

My mom saw signs of Asperger's and I got a bit offended...but she is my mom and she knows me enough. It took me a while to have an open mind that I might have Aspergers and I saw I had A LOT of the symptoms. I am a senior in high school and I don't have any friends at least not anymore. I think my symptoms get worse and worse as the years wear on, unless I get help. The nurse practitioner I was seeing decided to get me "neuro testing" but the guy that performed this testing wasn't what me and my mom was expecting at all. He was a psychiatrist and we wanted a neuro-psychiatrist or something like that. This psyciatrist said Asperger's was for males. O.O This "doctor" is a fake ain't he?!

I know I might have mild Asperger's but I STILL HAVE IT regardless. And he shouldn't just rule out Aspergers like that!

EstimatedProphet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2012, 3:08 pm

Welcome!

AS definitely appears to be more common in males, but anybody that denies that it affects females is full of it. Also, I wouldn't say it gets worse over time, but for me it definitely appears to be worse when I'm stressed out.

ibtiamat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2012, 3:10 pm

EstimatedProphet wrote:
Welcome!

AS definitely appears to be more common in males, but anybody that denies that it affects females is full of it. Also, I wouldn't say it gets worse over time, but for me it definitely appears to be worse when I'm stressed out.

Well, I am very stressed out since I am a senior in college prep classes, so they are harder than normal and I am scared it will be worse in college, I am a afraid of growing up I suppose.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 3:31 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ibtiamat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2012, 3:33 pm

Well, women with Aspergers might be hard because most doctors want to lean on a "stereotype" of a "socially awkward, overly nerdy white/Caucasian male." - Nicole Nicholson from the site (cannot post... :x )

I found some symptoms of Female Aspergers but evidently I cannot post sites on here. =( It tells about how female are less prone to certain things than their male counterparts but more prone to being emotional, like crying outbreaks, which I have a lot of as well as depression. :(

NTAndrew
Toucan
Toucan

17 Apr 2012, 5:56 pm

You might want to read "Aspergirls" by Rudy Simone. It's quite interesting.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 7:05 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 9:08 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage