Is everything under sexual tension I don't see?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 5:16 pm

So, for background, I ice skate, figure skate specifically. I only go to public sessions, not the more expensive freestyle sessions only for figure skaters. Anyway, I go most weekdays, and I in turn do tend to meet and be on acquaintance basis (though not like call up and do anything outside of skating basis) with a lot of people from there. So here are stories of random people's comments and stuff from the ice skating rink.

Anyway, first story. Guy I know in his 60s, I see him quite often there. He's always insinuating I need to hit on more girls at the skating rink. Like he'll see some girls taking a picture and then go bother me to take their picture to try to introduce myself to them. Usually I just take their picture, and don't do much conversating afterwards, I don't know what exactly to say and I'm usually too involved with learning whatever move (like doing a 3-turn for the few thousandth time to get them perfect) to really bother trying. I've made some social connections with girls there, maybe some could be romantic if I wasn't so dumb, but uh, anyway. Old man after my encounters with one girl was joking "hey find out if she has a grandmother who's single!" All that isn't like, really weird in anyway, slightly annoying that he's pushing me to hit on girls when I got very little idea of what to do and sometimes am too involved in my task at hand to wanna spend over like a minute at a time socializing. But yeah, main point, none of that is really "weird."

Story 1:
So his "weird" action was, I don't have a coach, and sorta just ask random (usually older) people for advice on doing whatever skating moves, and sorta just get little mini coaching lessons for free out of the kindness of their heart. I'll generally take advice from anyone. This time, an older woman (probably about 50) was trying to teach me something. Then some random family was taking a picture, and he was just like "hey go take their picture" and then he took me to them to take their picture, thus disrupting my lesson. Then, after I have the camera, he goes to the woman I was getting lessons from, and starts talking with her. The family was like "why'd he have you take the picture?" I'm just like "I honestly have no idea." After I'm done taking the picture, he pretty shortly after stops talking to the woman I was getting lessons from, and the woman I'm getting lessons from was like "That was weird."

Story 2:
Someone I knew that I took skating said this Chinese girl (in her late 20s or about 30) totally had the hots for me, due to me basically giving her some skating lessons. I didn't come to that conclusion, I mean she didn't seem to be like, vastly annoyed at my presence, and she does wave to me and stuff at the rink. But, I just assumed it was strictly platonic.

Story 3.
Another guy I know, in his 30s, sees a coach he's seen before in dance classes (he did ballroom dance apparently) and then went on to me about how she said hi to him, and was like "Did you see that, she said hi to me, maybe she likes me." Again, I've never gotten the conclusion that a girl "likes" me in the "I wanna bear your children" kinda way from them saying hello to me.

So anyway, my main questions are about story 1. Did 60+ year old man see me as a threat "hitting on" that woman in her 50s by getting lessons from her? Other older women in the rink have given me lessons, too. Do they actually "like" me and is that the reason why they're giving me lessons and tips? Basically my point is, all these "NT" people have insinuated sexual stuff on behalf of the other people, where I see zero/very little, and I'm just confused. Does everything have some weird double sexual meaning and I just have no idea, or is it the other people just being as totally ridiculous as I thought in these cases?

RainShadow
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Apr 2012, 6:06 pm

I think people see what they want to see, but maybe you're seeing how it really is. If everything were filled with sexual tensions, I feel like there would be more lawsuits for sexual harassment, more affairs, and more children... But maybe that's just me. I'm not the greatest at judging intimate issues between others. I can barely identify them between me and others.

NTAndrew
Toucan
Toucan

17 Apr 2012, 6:11 pm

In my experience, the more people think and talk about sex, the less sex they are getting. Perhaps this older gentleman is trying to live vicariously through you.

He sent you off to take the picture of the family, presumably so he could get the woman alone for a few minutes. I don't think there was jealousy, I think he just wanted the opportunity to hit on her.

I don't know if the Chinese girl has the hots for you. Maybe. When I was a lot younger, someone told me the same thing about a female co-worker. I assumed this person knew what they were talking about, and I became very attached to this woman. After two dates, I learned she didn't feel that way about me at all.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 6:13 pm

Attractive women usually assume guys are thinking about it in every situation even though they aren't a lot of the time.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 8:10 pm

yeah, I really have no idea. On one hand, I know I'm like addicted to sex. I can't get enough of it, but at the same time, I don't go around thinking everyone wants me or thinking about sex in general at all all the time like that to draw conclusions in the first place. And I'm absolutely TERRIBLE at picking up on flirting and whatnot in the first place, so as far as I can tell, that isn't the way the world works. But I could be totally wrong, and I do hear and see guys always talking about how they know some girl wanted them by the way said girl looked at them... Who knows?

All I really know for sure is there's this black woman I work with who usually seems WAY too happy to see me.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 2:08 am

For dirty old men, everything is under constant sexual tension.
The rest of us think of other things occasionally.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 2:17 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
For dirty old men, everything is under constant sexual tension.
The rest of us think of other things occasionally.

oh hell. i KNEW i was a dirty old man at heart. confirmation!! !!