Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 5:32 pm

Okay people, I'm taking the summer off (from school) and I plan to Kayak, drink beer, and PLAY GAMES!! !!

Because of my work/school schedule, I don't get a lot of play time. I need some quality goods.

I like action/adventure games. I have Heavy Rain and L.A. Noire cued-up but I need a few more....

I'm thinking of Infamous 2 (I have it, still in the wrapper) or maybe, Undead Nightmare since I haven't played it yet...

Help me out people, I need 3 GREAT action/adventure titles for PS3...

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 5:33 pm

In no particular order:

Siren: blood curse
Fallout 3
Heavy rain

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 6:06 pm

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Uncharted:1,2,3
Rayman Origins

NorthPark
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 9:27 pm

Assasins creed
Grand theft Auto 4
BAttlefield 3

MBTI- ISTP

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 9:41 am

You could try Saints Row 3, over the top crazy fun.
I'd recommend RDR before going to Undead Nightmare as I wasn't good at Undead Nightmare until playing RDR first.
Mass Effect 2... Battlefield 3... Assassin's Creed Brotherhood... Max Payne 3... Any of those you think are good to you really.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

fragileclover
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 12:59 pm

Glad Heavy Rain is on your list...it's a must play!

Infamous 2 is a lot of fun. I never got around to finishing it (I was actually playing the first and second game simultaneously)...but the gameplay mechanics are great.

Uncharted 2 and 3 are essential.

Do you like puzzle games? The only other game I rank among Heavy Rain and Uncharted is Portal 2.

Diagnosed with AS and Anxiety Disorder - NOS on 03/21/2012

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 1:26 pm

MGS 4
Demon's Souls
Rather than a third game, can I say Playstation Move?

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 4:54 pm

I've thought about this for a while and the answer surprises me, given that I've been saying for a while Japanese games are much weaker this generation overall and that Western games have overtaken their Eastern counterparts. These are all Japanese developed.

Dark Souls
Demon's Souls
Valkyria Chronicles

Note however that I've excluded multiplatform titles, mainly because I tend to purchase these on the PC when available. Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain I also found decent, but I picked the above games because they're not only incredibly fun but have fairly deep and varied gameplay mechanics, and by virtue of this they have a lot of replayability. They all also feel very fresh, if not entirely original. The Souls games have an incredible fantasy setting, nothing like the typical dull fantasy that plagues many other RPGs, great combat mechanics with huge equipment variety, and multiplayer like few other games. Valkyria Chronicles has a simplistic yet effective pencil art style that elevates what would otherwise be fairly standard anime artwork, fun characters, and gameplay lifted from old tactics games such as X:COM or Jagged Alliance.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 5:47 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:

Note however that I've excluded multiplatform titles.

Dark Souls is on Xbox and is being released on PC, soon. I think Demon's Souls is a system seller, playing that justified owning a PS3 as far as I'm concerned. Some of my finest videogame memories of the past decade are in that game. Especially the first few times working through The Prison of Hope in Latria.

Last edited by ZX_SpectrumDisorder on 19 Apr 2012, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 8:42 pm

MGS4 Guns of the Patriots, without a doubt.

rpgaymer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Apr 2012, 10:12 am

Damn... I pride myself on playing a lot of obscure and indie games, but if you want a list of just 3, I'm going to have to go mainstream...

Batman Arkham City
Dragon Age: Origins
SKYRIM

Seriously, no one said Skyrim? Is it hip to not like that game now or something? :P

I'd throw in Bayonetta, but the ps3 port is really bad. But you can find it used for like 5 bucks, so it's not a complete waste.

fragileclover
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 11:03 am

rpgaymer wrote:
Damn... I pride myself on playing a lot of obscure and indie games, but if you want a list of just 3, I'm going to have to go mainstream...

Batman Arkham City
SKYRIM

Seriously, no one said Skyrim? Is it hip to not like that game now or something? :P

I'd throw in Bayonetta, but the ps3 port is really bad. But you can find it used for like 5 bucks, so it's not a complete waste.

Well, Skyrim isn't my kind of game, anyway, but the PS3 version, from what I saw, is so buggy it's unplayable.

Diagnosed with AS and Anxiety Disorder - NOS on 03/21/2012

rpgaymer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Apr 2012, 11:37 am

fragileclover wrote:
rpgaymer wrote:

Batman Arkham City
SKYRIM

Well, Skyrim isn't my kind of game, anyway, but the PS3 version, from what I saw, is so buggy it's unplayable.

Yeah, once your save file reached a certain size, the game became an unplayable slide show. They patched it a few months ago though, and it runs like a dream now.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 1:21 pm

I reckon they'd release the update in a version like with Oblivion, pretty sure that they had another for after the initial release.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 6:33 pm

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

I'm definitely gonna add Portal II to the list... and the announcement of a "new ending" for Arkham City means I'll have to replay that too! :D

I'm probably gonna replay Red Dead Redemption(my favorite game of all time) and then do Undead Nightmare too. After that, I guess I'll see what I have time for... :P

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2012, 9:02 am

GoonSquad wrote:
I'm probably gonna replay Red Dead Redemption(my favorite game of all time) and then do Undead Nightmare too. After that, I guess I'll see what I have time for... :P

Is it the Wild West setting, or the mechanics?