Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

QuantumInc
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2012, 4:56 am

I'm a 25 year old white heterosexual cis-male of upper middle-class descent (a.k.a. what society has unfairly labeled "normal"). The exception to my "normalcy" is being diagnosed at age 3 with autism, and Asperger's at age 23. Though I think I've managed to develop severe social anxiety and even depression more recently... 8O :( :roll: :? .

Unfortunately I've been suffering some very severe problems with my social and academic life. The small up angle is that it is finally wearing through my resistance to admitting that I have issues beyond that of a so-called "normal". So here I am.

I play many computer games, but I rarely buy the latest and great AAA title, rather focusing on older classics and indie titles, and whatever is on sale on Steam (online distributor of games, made by a game company, highly recommend). I often check blogs related to gender issues. I've taken quite an interest in feminism, and somewhat more recently the ways cultural ideas about masculinity harm men. Ironically I haven't paid much attention to autistic or disability related activism until very recently.

I also engage in creative writing, including the first third of three novels. I keep bugging myself to get back into that. Keep waiting until I've got my school work handled but that never seems to happen... :roll:

I am a full time student, majoring in Computer Science minor in Women's Studies. Yes, one set of classes has almost all male students, and the other almost all female, along with the material having a massive difference of feel.

When asked what my favorite:
Movie: Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Music: Acoustic Frontier Trip-Hop
Book: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Color: Green
Number: 4,623

So I hope to meet other people here, get some help from those who have been there, and get involved in the occasional hyper intellectual overly drawn out debate :D

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 7:15 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 8:47 am

Welcome! :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran