Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Sanaala
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2012, 1:07 pm

Hi All,

We are heart broken and broke into tears when my child of age 1 Year 10 Months got diagnoised with Autism. We need some help in terms of Insurance Plans for our Kid. Actually at the time of Birth and till he is 6 Months old we have Insurance coverage for my Kid. After Six Months my Wife and Kid went to India for 1 Year and 3 Months and my Employer discontinued the Insurance as they are outside of the Country. Which makes Sense. But when I asked the present Insurance Company to add my Kid and Wife to my Health insurance they said it is ok to add, but there is clause that states, prexisting conditions are not covered for 1 Year. Will Autism be treated as Pre Existing Condition. The diagnoises is done in India but not in USA. Here may be Doctors need to do lot of Screening to decide wether it is Autism or Something else.

How to tackle this situation and How can I have my kid covered for Insurance. I live in NJ and my Kid is Citizen of USA. I wanted to go for all the possibilities of Insurance to ensure that my kid gets a better treatment with Intensive Therapies. So that he can mould at this age.
I know there is a plan called NJFamilyCare but will it give adequate coverage for my kid who needs Special Therapies like occupoational, SPeech Therapy etc ?

Your replies will be much appreciated in these toughest situations

Thanks,
Sana