Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

JHKyle
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Apr 2012, 9:17 pm

...on Monday afternoon. I am excited, but a little freaked out, anxious about it!

It's going to be done via Skype, which is a new thing for me....the job's about 500 miles away and doesn't start until the fall, but that's cool....

the Skype interview is gonna be a different thing....i've used Skype a bunch and is cool, and am thinkin' and hopin' that the format won't be too much....

it's nice to be in an interview where I am in the room but not totally in the room and can relax.....

Ria1989
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2012, 10:05 pm

1) CONGRATS!! !

2) What'd you end up writing!?

questor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 10:28 pm

Congratulations on scoring the interview, and good luck! :D

JHKyle

19 Apr 2012, 8:55 am

This interview application didn't ask that question, but I did answer that one. Considering that the question they asked is one that will cause self consciousness no matter what I answer, I went with something along the lines of:

Some people call me "mellow," and sometimes what I say comes across as funny, because I treat things with good humor. I'm aware that some people react towards that as thinking I'm not being serious. Now, I know that's not necessarily a weakness, but others perceive it as such, and I am conscious of what I say and the manner in which I say it.

Ria1989
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2012, 10:02 am

JHKyle wrote:
This interview application didn't ask that question, but I did answer that one. Considering that the question they asked is one that will cause self consciousness no matter what I answer, I went with something along the lines of:

Some people call me "mellow," and sometimes what I say comes across as funny, because I treat things with good humor. I'm aware that some people react towards that as thinking I'm not being serious. Now, I know that's not necessarily a weakness, but others perceive it as such, and I am conscious of what I say and the manner in which I say it.

Nice!

JHKyle

19 Apr 2012, 12:05 pm

I just hope that wasn't too conceited.

I have this amazing ability to say things in a way that comes out "funny," even though I'm not trying to be clever or funny. It's just the way things come out. And I know that even though this isn't a "weakness" that I see, I do know that people can say, oh, he's just being clever/sarcastic/etc. I had a job interview where I met with a few people, and I was "being myself," and I didn't get the job. I felt that, among other things, I might have come off as flip, when I was being truthful.

It didn't help that at times I got nervous and caught myself turning inward and clamming up, but pulled out of it quickly.