Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 6:51 pm

ps: This is a man's topic, and there's no men section on WP hence why it's here.

Some women are simply ego-vampires, meaning that they boost their ego by attempting to smash yours and making you sound you're not worthy (or worthy enough) for them.

You'd meet them everywhere (and in any stage of life) , in university, in workplaces, bars, clubs, gyms and even online.

Ego vampire women often think themselves as every man's most desired things on earth yet they are nothing but delusional creatures.

I'll explain with real concrete examples how to deal with those abominations

Here some types of ego-vampires who like to suck ego from guys:

-Pre-rejecting ego-vampires:

Have you ever met a woman who would pre-reject without even asking her out or asking her for her opinion whether she'd date you or not? I've met quite a few, for real and online.

They might bring this up during some conversation and say something that indicate that she'd never date someone like you or you're not her type.

How to counter them? Shatter their egos by expressing they're not your type either (even if they were).

Concrete real example: Female colleagues were talking about 'types of guys', and it just happened that i was there, one of them mentioned her physical preference (very tall guys) and how she wouldn't go for shorter guys, and then she referred to me "....like him".
So i was like "It's ok, you're too fat for my taste anyways" (and she's little fattie) - Boy! the expression on her face was priceless!

They also exist online, like once a girl i was chatting asked for my photo (and we didn't meet in some dating venue) and she was like "nice, but you're not my type" (as if I asked for her dating-validation), so I was like "What a relief, it's a mutual feeling".

I didn't see her online since then LOL.

- Fan-keeper ego-vampires:

I've met one of this specimen before .....and i am afraid i am facing a second one currently that probably i'd end up dealing with her in the same way.

She's someone who knows you fancy her and trying to approach her, and she'd throw at you all kinds of strong signs (like flirting, sexual innuendos, sex talk, showing jealousy over other girls you're talking with...) that would make you believe that she fancies you..... except she doesn't really fancy you and she would avoid every attempt of dating you without making a clear-cut rejection, why? because you're an infinite ego source for her as long you're a fan around her.

It's a kind of friend-zoning but she makes sure to not see it.

How to counter this type? Let her know you fancy someone else, talk in affection about her, that would shatter her ego and would make her stop all this.

- Bitch-vampires:

Those are women who would be very flirty with you in one place, yet would treat you mean and as a very 'secondary' person for them (typically in front of her friends). Why? because they don't think you are worthy enough to be seen with them in front of people whom their opinions matter for them.

How to counter this type? Not sure, but i guess the best thing to do is to be jerk with them and treat them 'secondary' too.

P. , a former coworker was extremely flirty with me, sometimes would even throw sexual innuendos most of the times, one day while we were having lunch with her friend and she was talking about the company's party and wondering who she would dance with, I jokingly replied "you can have me ;p" - yet, unexpectedly she said "ha! you're too invisible to me to even consider you" in front of him. And yes, she never accepted to dance with me before.

So I just nodded and since then i treated her almost.... invisible to me (Work-related conversations aside). During the first week after this, she kept being flirty and kept trying to get flirts back from me as if nothing happened, yet she got nothing, then she kept asking me more often if i am ok lately, then she bluntly asked why i am not being flirty back anymore and i was like "I dunno, i don't feel like it lately, it's normal I guess" , "what?" - she asked. - "yea, some very hot girls are flirting me lately, so maybe that's why" (not real - but I made it sound real, and she saw pics of me on fb with girls so she assumed it was true) - 'ahh..that pic.... so that's why, now I understand " she said in a very obvious sad tone.

She stopped the flirting and since then my interaction with her is strictly formal.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 20 Apr 2012, 7:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

scubasteve
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 7:00 pm

I misread this topic as "Emo Vampires". I was gonna be all like, "Yeah! You tell em Boo! Get off my lawn, Emo kids..."

But this is quite different...

There was a girl I went out with a couple of times in college. Then, she started making fun of me to her friends. So I dumped her... Right in front of her friends. That was mean. But she was a b***h.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 7:20 pm

Of course women do this but so do men who target women with low selfestem issues ect.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 12:20 am

:cry: Aww, man, I thought you were talking about people like my ex, who literally thinks s/he's a vampire. I am mildly disappointed.

But, yes, I do know how you feel. Both males and females have done the "Pre-rejecting" thing to me. Apparently, I'm not safe, even with this horrible, large-breasted female body...

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 8:08 am

It's funny how it always seems to be the women you wouldn't touch with someone else's 10-foot-pole that find it necessary to "pre-reject" you.

I guess they do it because they know damn well they won't get a chance to otherwise.

@Boo - that "fattie" remark was perfect, and totally appropriate in that context.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 8:26 am

Heres a funny thing:
There are also plenty of ego vampire males going by your first definition:
Some people are simply ego-vampires, meaning that they boost their ego by attempting to smash yours and making you sound you're not worthy (or worthy enough) for them.

The trick is in noticing what they are doing and avoiding them from then on.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 9:31 am

I've only encountered the pre-rejecting ones.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 10:12 am

Ive encountered all three. And while yes i have seen guys do it its not been nearly as many guys or as rude (plus they were doing it to other guys not to girls)

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 10:33 am

Quote:
Some women are simply ego-vampires, meaning that they boost their ego by attempting to smash yours and making you sound you're not worthy (or worthy enough) for them.

:lol: Oh, the irony.

Quote:
Have you ever met a woman who would pre-reject without even asking her out or asking her for her opinion whether she'd date you or not? I've met quite a few, for real and online.

Yes!! But it was a delusional MAN.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 1:09 pm

MXH wrote:
Ive encountered all three. And while yes i have seen guys do it its not been nearly as many guys or as rude (plus they were doing it to other guys not to girls)

As an LGBT person, I think that the "doing it to other guys" part is usually worse than the heterosexual kind. The only times I have seen people do that have been when they were either making fun of homosexuality or sincerely (and horribly homophobically) assuming that because another man was gay he was automatically attracted to him. I don't want to assume anything, but this kind of thing upsets me.

In any case, whether or not it's homophobic in nature, the gender of the intended recipient doesn't make it any less wrong.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 2:06 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
ps: This is a man's topic, and there's no men section on WP hence why it's here.

:roll: lol, sounds like a diet dr.pepper commercial
Also, just another reminder that personal anecdotes from your life do not constitute evidence of a sociological phenomenon. Your experience isn't the only experience and generalizing by gender is one of the fastest ways to be wrong.

Joker wrote:
Of course women do this but so do men who target women with low selfestem issues ect.

diniesaur wrote:
:cry: Aww, man, I thought you were talking about people like my ex, who literally thinks s/he's a vampire. I am mildly disappointed.

But, yes, I do know how you feel. Both males and females have done the "Pre-rejecting" thing to me. Apparently, I'm not safe, even with this horrible, large-breasted female body...

spongy wrote:
Heres a funny thing:
There are also plenty of ego vampire males going by your first definition:
Some people are simply ego-vampires, meaning that they boost their ego by attempting to smash yours and making you sound you're not worthy (or worthy enough) for them.

The trick is in noticing what they are doing and avoiding them from then on.

Wow, look at all these great different opinions based on these poster's life experience, which is equally valid to yours, even if they don't agree or are *gasp* horror of all horrors, women.

Some people are jerks and run around acting like their s*** don't stink and everybody wants them. I think everyone can probably rustle up an anecdote of dealing with this type of person. Heck, at the beginning of your post you pre-rejected women posters before you even knew if they wanted to post at all.
The important distinction between what you wrote and the truth is that you incorrectly ascribed this behavior to women exclusively. Man, woman, intersex, or other gender identity all people are equal opportunity jerks.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 2:14 pm

MXH wrote:

Logically, one would stumble on those more often while he's on dating conquest, hence the gender element in the thread.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 2:18 pm

The_Face_of_Boo, are you going to address the members who have pointed out that men exhibit the same behaviours as women?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 2:21 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo, are you going to address the members who have pointed out that men exhibit the same behaviours as women?

For those who don't like for just mentioning one-gender examples, you can just replace the word [women] in my text by [men] or [people] in your mind.

It's a nice comforting mind trick.

Problem solved.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 2:23 pm

so why not use the word "people" or "person" instead of expressing it as a purely female problem?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 2:25 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
so why not use the word "people" or "person" instead of expressing it as a purely female problem?

Can't men have their beer moments together?