Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Zinia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2012, 9:39 pm

I saw this test for Autism Spectrum online, and one of the categories was "Hunting." What is this? What does this mean? And it was NT hunting, and also Autism hunting. Does this term ring any bells?

This is the link of the quiz: http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

Also, I was just wondering if anyone else can't whistle. I've tried and people have even tried to teach me and I CAN'T. It's annoying.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 9:55 pm

I've never been able to whistle either.
Also i can't blow up a balloon I just get all dizzy.

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:21 pm

Put your lips in a tight O with a little gap & suck instead of blow. Until you whistle. Make sure your teeth are not blocking, the O & rest your tongue in down position. Like blowing into a bottle.

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

Nereid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Apr 2012, 12:41 am

I cant whistle for the life of me either! I've had it explained to me numerous times by all sorts of folks, but its just not happening. I thought it might have something to do with how tightly my teeth are packed together? There is no gap at all in my top front 2 teeth, and they're kinda large (if that makes any difference).

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 12:45 pm

Nereid wrote:
I cant whistle for the life of me either! I've had it explained to me numerous times by all sorts of folks, but its just not happening. I thought it might have something to do with how tightly my teeth are packed together? There is no gap at all in my top front 2 teeth, and they're kinda large (if that makes any difference).

Don't think you can do it through your teeth, if they straight & perfect, with no gaps.

Instructions

1 Purse your lips into a tiny O shape, leaving a small opening for air.

2 Leave a gap between your top & bottom teeth, big enough for tongue to go into
the gap. ( Jaw not fully shut. ) Think of a whistle has a gap.

2 Place the tip of your tongue behind your bottom teeth or against your inside bottom gums.

3 Gently expel air through your mouth, or you can suck.

4 Adjust your tongue position and the small O opening formed by your lips until you hear a
note.

5 Once you can sound one note, experiment with your tongue position and the strength of
breath to produce different notes.

6 Practice!

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?