Need a job for a girlfriend?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Apr 2012, 3:26 am

Wolfheart wrote:
It doesn't really matter how much you earn, it matters how much passion and ambition you have in what you do. Don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve something simply because of money.

Some assume that the unemployed lack ambition but it's not always the case.

As for as the self-sufficiency stuff that's been mentioned; some people can have very successful careers & are horrible at managing their finances & don't know how to take care of themselves.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 7:25 pm

machf wrote:
Adam82 wrote:
It is definitely a lot harder to get a decent job in today's economy. Especially for an Aspie who may lack social networking skills. I do tend to agree that if you want to get married, you have to have your affairs in order. It's no good living in your parents basement with your fiancee, with no job. A relationship can make you feel better, but it won't make ALL your life problems go away. You'll still need to find a job.

I haven't worked full time in eight months. But I do have seasonal casual work sometimes. I know if I want a serious relationship with a woman, I'll need to get my act together first.

This pretty much sums it up, IMO.

And from my POV, I'd say it's reciprocal: I', far more attracted to girls (women, actually) who work and thus know that in order to get anything you must work hard, than to those who haven't worked a single day in their lives and are expecting that their men get anything for them immediately after they ask for it...

This. A good woman who values work ethic, and doesn't just get what she wants whenever she asks for it. That's an attractive quality in a woman for me.

machf
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2012, 6:41 pm

nick007 wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
It doesn't really matter how much you earn, it matters how much passion and ambition you have in what you do. Don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve something simply because of money.

Some assume that the unemployed lack ambition but it's not always the case.

Most definitely not. I've quit (or rather, didn't renew my contract - actually quitting is something I reserve for jobs that become too sickening) more than once because I felt those jobs weren't leading me anywhere, and I'd rather be self-employed and using my time to further advance in my career that have a steady income that is useful for paying bills but with no option to be doing any better after 5 years and leaving no time for me to improve my professional knowledge by my own means.