Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 2:56 am

I'm just curious to know what you all think of this idea. I know there are sites out there with free file hosting that can last in the long-term and I'm curious to know how many people who are musicians here and who come up with finalized works are actually interested in doing something like this. I don't know exactly how you guys would want to do it or how you would want to have the format of the page itself set up but its something I'd like to kick around with some people. Yeah, if people really want to just say "Hey, I just made this track" and start a thread about it they technically could but at the same time that takes a lot of the fun out of it IMO and you'd rather encourage other people to pull out their top-shelf just because, with music you learn a lot about people and its always fascinating to hear music from other people who are intensely into what they do. Having other fellow aspies on that as well would probably add a whole other dimension to that.

So, any takers? Suggestions? Ideas?

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 4:13 am

hey I've been thinking bout this for a while..

Me and another dude from WP (silent bedlam) were thinking of getting a site going..

I was gonna put up my first release for free, he was gonna put his stuff up, and we were gonna have a section for everyone who contacts us to put their own stuff up too. Obviously we only want people that actually love what they're doing, but the whole point is to get a diverse collection of artists, so far all of us doing stuff or planning to do stuff are aspie or aspie-related so its working out pretty awesome.

So far we've got 4 of us doing solo releases...

I've even registered a label (come again? productions) and a creative commons license, which is a license to release stuff for free with copyright and ownership.

Silent bedlam is designing the site, which should be done in the next month or so, I've finished about 7 projects, but I wanna only release one every 5-6 months or so.

My first project I've been mastering for say 3-4 months, its very weird, very experimental, and it only works as a whole, so I can't really upload certain songs off it as it wouldn't really flow the way its supposed to.

Anyway I'm blabbing, contact me if you're interested in having your own page or section on the site, I think the new idea silent was talking about was something like one page which links to all of our stuff...

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 4:23 am

Interesting idea.

What is a good file-sharing site for this?

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 4:36 am

Hmmn, I haven't found any sites for the quantitys of stuff I'm hoping for.. (70 mb album, one file download)

However this one we're doin should be up soon with more than enough room hopefully for all of us.

In the meantime however yousendit is good for sending files, still don't know a good site for mass-uploads.

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 10:32 am

No ideas or comments (yet ;) ) but I must say this is a fine idea!