Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Roxy1989
Raven
Raven

23 Apr 2012, 10:17 am

Did anyone watch "i woke up gay" on bbc 3 last week? it was rather intesting viewing

Did you like watching it? Do you think it was really possible chris woke up gay after his stroke
or do you think he just relized he was gay later on in life as some people do? ( guess it can happen i mean i knew i was bi from when i wasabout 12 but its not like that for everyone)

xxx

Candles15
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Apr 2012, 11:39 am

Yes, I saw this!
I think he was homosexual all along because there're evidence to support that being homosexual is actually genetic rather than a choice.
I don't think he realised until after the stroke, which might've enhanced his feelings..

Iloveshoujoai
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Apr 2012, 12:45 pm

I just watched it, and I'm not sure what to think. I've heard of people (who I suppose are very socially conscious individuals,) under the impression that they were straight because that is the norm. People tend to soak up socially acceptable ideas/interests and then get to a point where they realize they were lying to themselves, and considering this person has experienced memory loss it's possible that he may have had moments of realization about his homosexuality and subsequent repression in his life that he has forgotten.

Despite what I know about the role genes and hormones play in sexuality I still say it's still possible he just woke up gay. There's no such thing as a gay brain anymore than there is a such thing as an alcoholic brain. However there are such things as brains that show signs of what causes these individual traits. As the researchers who tested this man pointed out, the hormones and genes that push someone in the direction of a homosexual preference show their signs in other areas cross the entire brain. That doesn't mean the whole brain has to be changed, just the part that connects the pleasure center of the brain to thoughts of the opposite sex/ or same sex. That may just be one small area of the brain, and strokes affect individual parts of the brain in strange ways all the time.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 12:47 pm

Nobody wakes up Gay. Homosexuals are gay to begin with.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 1:05 pm

I think it was repressed feelings that came up afterwards.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist