Page 3 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 5:28 am

Nexus wrote:
Nah, I won't complain. If anything I hope the mods let it slide, I don't mind.

Yes, I assumed you would respond this way. It was an argument, not a personal attack.

As I have already stated, I disagree with the whole philosophy of the site.

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Dec 2013, 3:28 pm

beers wrote:
At the very minimum >50% of people jumping on the bandwagon have absolutely no idea what autism entails.

4chan is really more of the bowels of the internet, honestly.

Unfortunately, /b/ is an example of what the internet will become soon. It's addictive though.

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Dec 2013, 3:49 pm

NeueZiel wrote:
4chan is bad but 789chan is much worse. Now THOSE are some bitter ,hatred filled people with nothing better to do.

I don't see bitter hatred. I don't even see a forum or anything. I just see a black webpage with nothing on it. It's like nintendo invented the Nintendo 1DS or something.

Marylandman889
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2013, 7:00 pm

Oh God. I have seen so much hate towards people with Asperger's Syndrome and other ASD conditions. /b/ is particular bad. *shiver* :x
But to be honest, 4chan (especially /b/) is screwed up that's just the way it is. It's not just always towards people with Asperger's or other ASD classifications.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2013, 1:41 am

At first I was kind of miffed that seemingly everyone on there was using "autism" as an insult, but then I realized that most of the people on there have no idea what it actually means, so I just ignore them. I would love to be able to educate them about it, and maybe get them to quit using it as an insult, but I know that that's just not possible. Despite 4chan's reputation as a "hive of scum and villianry", I still like going on there every so often to chat with random people, and see the hilarious/idiotic things other people say on there. It's not as overwhelming as chatting with strangers in real life, because you don't have to worry about body language, you don't have to worry much about social mores, and you can passively participate by just reading other people's posts and not actually posting. I wouldn't recommend it for sensitive surfers or anyone under 18 though, since people sometimes post some really ******-up stuff on there. I tend to stick to the worksafe boards so I won't see as much of that stuff.

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2013, 9:24 am

I think that 4chan might be the most free place of the internet, to be honest. Here's an experiment: Post "YOU ALL F###ING SUCK" uncensored on 4chan and another forum and see the differences.
4chan
-people whining
-spam
-memes
Other forum
-ban
See? It's like going to a country where the law dosn't apply. It gives you freedom.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 11:56 pm

The politically correct would like to limit public speech.

Only those who agree with them should be allowed to speak.

Mainly it is because their logic does not hold up to being questioned, it is right because I say so.

There are other realities, in South America, Asia, three killed in a love triangle, or six in an auto crash, comes with a front page picture of the bodies. They consider showing what happens to be a reasonable warning to others.

The automobile does kill several hundred thousand a year.

Japan leads the world in kinky sex. You name it, they have 27 flavors of that. Their history is full of it, in books, arts, and movies, comics, manga, which was the source that brought animation to TV and video games.

Other parts of the world hold a different view of history. To understand why the Tuisi and Hutou killed hundreds of thousands, or now the Dinka in S. Sudan, you must hear their world view.

There has always been a minority underground, various factions, and sticking your fingers in your ears and saying they should never speak, does not, and has never, prevented an eventual revolt from below.

California, our most politically correct state, also has a huge prison population, who hold other points of view, and now have to be released because the money to keep them, more than is spent on schools, does not exist, and altogether,, 600,000 a year are being released nationwide.

That is nothing compared to the fifteen million who are here illegal. Not Undocumented, they broke out of jaill in Mexico, and came here.

There is a real world, it has always existed, and it is a dangerous place.

You may now return to My Little Pony in LaLa Land.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 7:05 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
*tries to think of anyone who is treated well on 4chan...*

*still trying....*

... still ...

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 4:42 am

Whether or not they know it most of the original 4channers are probably somewhere on the spectrum.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 3:29 pm

rileyup wrote:
i have noticed that autistics are treated pretty bad on 4chan. everyone is always saying autistic instead of stupid or dumb. and they are always making stereotypes and saying it is fake. if you want a look you can usually find it on the my little pony forum.

You mean people are saying mean things about other people on 4chan? :o :o :o I don't believe it. What is the internet coming to? :scratch: :shrug:

Raspberry
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jan 2014, 12:08 am

I use 4chan almost every day and pretty much every second thread has someone using the term "autist", "autistic", or "autism" in a negative manner. It's annoying and awful but it's something I cannot fix so I must ignore.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 3:26 am

theres more boards than just /b/ each one vastly different than the next
some boards the people are nice and helpful others are full of asshats

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jan 2014, 12:44 pm

Nobody noticed the threads and posts I made trolling people who did this yet. Hmm.

Tazweteq
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2014, 2:15 am

Raspberry wrote:
I use 4chan almost every day and pretty much every second thread has someone using the term "autist", "autistic", or "autism" in a negative manner. It's annoying and awful but it's something I cannot fix so I must ignore.

This.

I use 4chan everyday mainly just /sp/ and /int/ sometimes lurk on /v/.
Autism as an insult is going to die out soon I just gotta be patient. they got bored calling people ret*ds and gays
I don't like how 4chan users think they are superior.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 10:22 am

4chan: It'll rot your brain.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

24 Jan 2014, 4:08 am

I never go to 4chan because it's all dodgy and stuff.

I can find everything I need elsewhere.