Are women at war against the Republican Party?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Are Women At War Against the Republican Party?
Yep 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Maybe 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Nope 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
IDK, JSTR (I don't know, just show the results) 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 7

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 7:59 am

The Republican Party is waging war against women. Are the ladies fighting back?

LunaticOnTheGrass
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2012, 8:11 am

Many of my female peers and classmates merely nod a blank "okay" when I try to vomit all of the information I can about the Republican Party's bismirching of their dignity, but maybe it's because they just aren't in a phase of interest about that kind of thing. Some of them might not ever enter that phase.

Also, it isn't as if the entire female gender is against the Republican Party, even though... Well. You get the idea.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 8:34 am

LunaticOnTheGrass wrote:
Many of my female peers and classmates merely nod a blank "okay" when I try to vomit all of the information I can about the Republican Party's bismirching of their dignity, but maybe it's because they just aren't in a phase of interest about that kind of thing. Some of them might not ever enter that phase.

Also, it isn't as if the entire female gender is against the Republican Party, even though... Well. You get the idea.

I don't know about the US, but in Canada youths are the demographic with the fewest voters. Young people generally aren't that interested in politics, unfortunately. Those that are tend to be somewhat radical, it seems, because here the Green Party would form government if it was only youth voting.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 9:23 am

If Mrs. Bachmann had won the nomination (yes, I know, :roll: and :lmao: ), would the ladies feel more reassured about Republican intentions?

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 11:12 am

For one thing, it's, "women," not, "ladies." A woman is an adult, female human being. A lady is a woman who is married to, or the daughter of a titled husband or father. The use of the word lady continues the social implication that women's worth is measured by men.

Women certainly are fighting back. The fact that this thread, and its cognate, exist is evidence of the degree to which women have been successful at demonstrating the breadth and number of Republican sponsored legislative proposals that have targeted women's civil liberties.