Cheaters! Cheaters! Cheater! An mmorpg story

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

marioLuvs1ups
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2012, 11:02 am

The God-Father: Five Families is one of the biggest (just one of them) mmorpg (multi Massive Online Role Playing Game) on the net.

A game created by no other than Kabam, this mmorpg is based on the original God-Father movie franchise and has gained a lot of popularity since it's release last October.

But having played this game, i can honestly say, it has more bugs and glitches than it has actual players. And usually with bugs and glitches comes security holes, and with that comes opportunities for potential cheaters. But does Kabam care ? nope. Have they made any effort to fix these little holes ? nope. What they have done so far is change how the game works and looks.

Totally ignoring these "holes" has created a problem not only for the Kabam franchise, but for players as well. I must tell you I've seen more people quit in two weeks than an entire 4 months since I first started playing this game. And who could blame them ? Would you play a game where it's whole entire system changes and changes to become more ridiculous, not to mention suspicious players gaining millions and millions of respect over a period of two days and cloning their armies so that they could farm people just for the hell of it ? I don't think so

The sad truth is these cheaters are using these back holes to use scripts and programs to trick the game into thinking the player has more diamonds and troops than they originally had before. But the worst part is Kabam doesn't seem to really care. Nope not at all.

A witch hunt has began and my friends have turned against each other. accusing one another of cheating and causing nothing but strife in a once moderately if not at all, peaceful on-line gaming community. Yes the chat services has it's usual trolls and whiny players, but these cheaters have not only use illegal means of winning a game, they have cause everyone i know to turn against one another.

Speaking of the chat services, this one is quite interesting. Just the other day an infamous little troll decided to appear. He did his usual snarling and tantrum throwing, but no matter how much the players tried to mute him, he just came right back like a hydra monster with many heads. Each head numbered and much fiercer than before.

Could this be a clever little Java script, that the fierce little troll picked up over night? Or could he had decided to copy the cheaters and use their weapons to a whole new level of unpleasantness ?

I'll let the experts decide on that

In the meantime, i just hope Kabams experts fix these holes in a sinking ship

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Apr 2012, 11:24 am

[Moved from Computers, Math, Science, and Technology to Games and Video Games]

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 11:43 am

Cheaters in MMORPG's is nothing new, same goes for lazy ass Game Managers/Community Managers. My game suffers from the same thing. Bots are in the popular spots farming, spamming chat selling illegal in game currency for real money, leeching union points, hacking the game mechanics so they can craft items that would take hours to make in only a few minutes, and the list goes on and on and on.... Bugs and glitches are all over, many of them which are YEARS OLD. Gm's only do so much. They are obviously there to get paid for doing little work, or slanging out new Item Mall Items (costs real money) good for them, not really anything that good for players. The GM's, Developers, and CM's don't even know how to play the game right. I beat their asses up and down over and over when they entered a PVP arena, and I made them rage quit after so many games of failing... to have a successful game the people who run it must love the game they moderate, and they need to know near everything about it. IT has to be a passion of theirs, otherwise you get fat and lazy unmotivated a***holes who know nothing about what they have such high powers over, shoving Item Mall down your throat with very little content updates, bug fixes, glitch fixes, and so on.... Sad days for MMORPG's lately. I see this sort of stuff being a trend in most F2P's. My game used to have 20K+ people active every day, now?.... I'd say 200-500 a day. If I were you, and my game was going in this direction, I would take a nice long break, or quit ASAP... Sry if I sound like I'm raging, I just hate when great games are ruined when they never had to be ruined in the first place.

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Apr 2012, 11:29 pm

Ultimately, if a game has too much cheating/buggishness for you, the only way to let the developer know is to stop paying for the game.

Star Wars The Old Republic is similar, it has a bunch of obvious little bugs that the developers are apparently never going to fix, and it's just too much for me. I suspect they wanted me to quit, though.

As far as God-Father, that does sound annoying.. In all MMOs there's a constant clash between people trying to abuse the game and the people trying to stop them. If you are right about Kabam's administrating, then it sounds like the game doesn't have long to last.

I don't understand why developers ignore obvious bugs and flaws, especially when so many of them seem so easy to fix. I've never been able to figure out an explanation, except that they are deliberately trying to make me quit playing their game.

marioLuvs1ups
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 May 2012, 9:13 am

Okay would anyone here have any suggestions for a good mmo game like the God Father? I mean ones that either is browser based or can work in WINE (WINdows Emulator) is what I'm looking for.