Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2012, 1:51 pm

snapcap wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Health problems involving an American style diet are emerging in China.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6284830.stm

http://www.naturalnews.com/029354_China_epidemic.html

The Western Devil's revenge!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

I'm picturing a cow with tentacles spreading over their land. Tasty tentacles...

My stomach's growling already! :lol:

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2012, 3:29 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
It's telling as to the nature of Western food addiction that
people have no qualms saying they're willing to die rather than forsake X grossly unhealthy foodstuff.

8O

Most americans only care about food that tastes good how ever I was watching the news and the irony was that a man had a heart attack at the heart attack grill I laughed about it only because I was showing the classic lack of empathy that aspies can some times have.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2012, 3:54 pm

Joker wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
people have no qualms saying they're willing to die rather than forsake X grossly unhealthy foodstuff.

8O

Most americans only care about food that tastes good how ever I was watching the news and the irony was that a man had a heart attack at the heart attack grill I laughed about it only because I was showing the classic lack of empathy that aspies can some times have.

Funny, I thought people with Asperger's couldn't' detect irony.

8O

Oh the irony.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2012, 3:58 pm

snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:

8O

8O

Oh the irony.

Oh, with practice...

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2012, 3:58 pm

snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:

8O

8O

Oh the irony.

Some times when can some times we can't

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 3:40 pm

The reason most people probably eat there is for the shock value (i.e. so they can say they did). It's more of a novelty, tourist trap place to eat, rather than a regular hangout.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 3:54 pm

ruveyn wrote:
You blame the vendors? Did anyone force the customers to each too much crap? It is the buyer who is responsible for his own fate.

ruveyn

It is not. Food companies mislead people in their advertising all the time. Everything gets disguised. Even with organic products, say an organic stock cube or organic fruit juice - they still put non-organic ingredients in such as flavourings or aromas, whenever they can. So people might think they *are* trying to eat healthily, when they're not. And even with blatently processed food that is plainly unhealthy, everyone is very naive about what gets put into food, and any advert that shows some microwaved meal with a bunch of fresh vegetables on the side with lots of bright colours - fools a lot of people.

What I'm saying is, that even if people do try to eat healthily, food companies will do whatever they can to make it in the most cheapest way possible and sneak in some additives, without the consumer even knowing about it. Not all ingredients used even have to be listed.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 4:31 pm

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 5:08 pm

I wonder if the "food" served at places like the Heart Attack Grill contained small amounts of arsenic, would that be legal provided it was mentioned on a sign at the door? If not, what exactly is the difference between food laced with arsenic and food that is equally unhealthy for other reasons? If the consumer has been made aware of the adverse health effects, it should both be a case of caveat emptor, right?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 9:33 pm

snapcap wrote:

I wonder if Don Draper came up with that one for Lucky Strike (you have to watch Mad Men to get the reference).