Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Nereid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2012, 1:28 am

If people aren't hard enough to read, certain people seem to have almost completely sarcastic personalities. By this, I'm referring to folks who talk so that everything they say doesn't mean what the words do or people who are "playful" and seem to be always trying to set up a witty banter. This could be included to people with dry humor who dont smile or make any normal facial recognition that they're being humorous. I find these sorts of people to be one of the types of personalities that conflict with mine most. Other people get along with them just fine but since I cant read them at all nor them I, there's always an underlying tension, conflict, and awkwardness. Anyone else have this issue and/or have a way of dealing with it?

Musicistheanswer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Apr 2012, 3:00 am

I find I have the opposite problem, I enjoy dry expressionless humor. It's the overly obvious happy people that bother me.

I find that I am very dry. I do not show emotion typically in any situation. People find it very difficult to read me.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2012, 3:00 am

My problem are people at work who never determine what they actually want me to do, so whatever you do will turn out wrong. They say "do this now," and an hour or so later will tell you "that's not what i've meant." More often than not they can't handle their own tasks, thus their vague and ambiguous guidance.

However, i can't "read" people at all and don't have an understanding of their possible inner conflicts. The description above is out of experience since i can see very clearly how a superior is handling their job by the results of their work.

pancher100
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Apr 2012, 4:04 am

I found it hard to communicate with people, who are trying to piss me off. And that's the main problem. Expressionless humor? I like it, and I use it too

Cubits
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Apr 2012, 4:31 am

I'm really good at deadpan humour, and it brings me joy that i catch so many people unable to read me when i use it. It's fun to use my weakness as a strength.

Then i get people who seem "normal" most of the time, but catch me out at entirely random times. The difference is that when they make me struggle to understand, it somehow hurts them. I guess NT's do it to each other and it helps them bond, but with me it seems to be a one-way street.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2012, 1:12 am

I have a very hard time understanding sarcastic people. Why can't people be sincere with each other, or is that the way that the NT world is?

Pyrite
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2012, 3:12 am

I'm with the witty, deadpan humor people. A "serious" conversation about something incredibly silly always gets me.

I can't for the life of me just "tell a joke" or a "funny story", but a brand of humor in which not outwardly showing emotion is an advantage? count me in.

On the other hand, I think if you're going to be playful in a way that borders on teasing it has to be so over the top that no one can take seriously even if they try.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2012, 3:31 am

I love sarcasm. I'm also bad about seeing humor in something that someone else is serious about and making a joke that nobody else but me gets. Sometimes someone else gets it too and it's great. It's like sharing a secret out loud in a secret language in a room full of people.

I try not to use mean sarcasm unless I'm angry, but overall I do like it.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2012, 4:31 am

You don't deal with Sarcastic People, Sarcastic People deal with you.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

Maerlyn138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 May 2012, 11:56 pm

I don't mind sarcasm, in fact I am a little sarcastic myself. But, when sarcasm comprises 99.9% of a persons personality, it gets very old, very quick. It's like seriously, can you just have a regular conversation with me sans all the bullsh*t?! So, I generally identify and avoid these people early on because they just piss me off and I am an irritable person anyway and don't need extra help gettting irritated :wink:

Aspie score: 159 of 200 NT score: 64 of 200

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 12:03 pm

there are lot of sarcastic people in my office
once we were having fun session in office
a old lady was playing some fun games
the group of sarcastic girls stared laughing on her they were cracking jokes
behind her back
i found it weird whats their problem if a old lady is enjoying some games

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 12:09 pm

Be sarcastic to them back.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 12:28 pm

My sister is a bit on the sarcastic side.....and its allowed for conflicts between us, because I take things litterally a lot of times....but shes a good person she's just a sort of impatient always on the go type, and she doesn't respond well to people trying to give her crap I imagine the sarcasm can help with that.