Should I see a pyschologist about my problem(aspergers)?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2012, 3:10 pm

NateRiver wrote:
TechnoDog wrote:
NateRiver wrote:
Uhm, I also have problems with ;keeping up with directions verbally for example:

Go this way, take a left, eat a sock, do a back flip, across the street and take a right then you're there

Someone got a screw lose or something. They sound like they making fun of you. No one gives directions like that.

Quote:
Go this way, take a left, across the street and take a right then you're there.

LOLOL Naah, I was just making fun of how people recite instructions to me and how they come across to me.

So is that accurate how you hear it? As your inserting your thoughts into the directions. "eat a sock", "do a back flip".

As in a tourettes person swearing out.

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

NateRiver
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Apr 2012, 3:18 pm

TechnoDog wrote:
NateRiver wrote:
TechnoDog wrote:
NateRiver wrote:
Uhm, I also have problems with ;keeping up with directions verbally for example:

Go this way, take a left, eat a sock, do a back flip, across the street and take a right then you're there

Someone got a screw lose or something. They sound like they making fun of you. No one gives directions like that.

Quote:
Go this way, take a left, across the street and take a right then you're there.

LOLOL Naah, I was just making fun of how people recite instructions to me and how they come across to me.

So is that accurate how you hear it? As your inserting your thoughts into the directions. "eat a sock", "do a back flip".

As in a tourettes person swearing out.

xD Sorry I wasn't so clear. Well, I was just mimicking the way instructions sound to me. Frankly, instructions appear to me as nonsense:-" eat a sock" "do a black flip" I need instructions told to me slowly or otherwise I get no where :/

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2012, 3:21 pm

NateRiver wrote:
TechnoDog wrote:
NateRiver wrote:
Films at the cinema and fi lms on television are shown at different speeds

Cinema: 24 pictures per second
Television: 25 pictures per second

At the cinema a fi lm lasts 175 minutes.
How many minutes does the same film last on television?

In this problem, what confuses me is how can the number of pictures stay the same in each movie? Then I was told it was just shown at different rates; however couldn't that STILL affect the amount of pictures shown when in comparison to find the minutes of the film on television too? Also, this problem confuses me too:

Whats with the gaps between film?

24 frames per second, is how many frames in 1 second. This is just nuts? What kind of stupid question is this.

They should both play for 175ms just one will have more frames in it than the other.

A game has a 60 frame per second. Unless you turn off v-sync, then you will have it going at 5450 frames per second with my GTX 295.
Humans only start seeing changes at 15 frames per second. It's how many frames are in a second.

THAT WAS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING AT FIRST. But apparently they're "different."

Really explain it? Frame rate ( fps ), frames per second.

I do 3d modelling & animate with frames. Heres a link:-

http://postimage.org/image/su9a1g7dh/

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

Last edited by TechnoDog on 27 Apr 2012, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2012, 3:22 pm

NateRiver wrote:
TechnoDog wrote:
NateRiver wrote:
Films at the cinema and fi lms on television are shown at different speeds

Cinema: 24 pictures per second
Television: 25 pictures per second

At the cinema a fi lm lasts 175 minutes.
How many minutes does the same film last on television?

In this problem, what confuses me is how can the number of pictures stay the same in each movie? Then I was told it was just shown at different rates; however couldn't that STILL affect the amount of pictures shown when in comparison to find the minutes of the film on television too? Also, this problem confuses me too:

Whats with the gaps between film?

24 frames per second, is how many frames in 1 second. This is just nuts? What kind of stupid question is this.

They should both play for 175ms just one will have more frames in it than the other.

A game has a 60 frame per second. Unless you turn off v-sync, then you will have it going at 5450 frames per second with my GTX 295.
Humans only start seeing changes at 15 frames per second. It's how many frames are in a second.

THAT WAS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING AT FIRST. But apparently they're "different."

What they're asking you to assume (I'm assuming) is that there is a finite number of frames that is equal for both versions. Each frame is a still shot. Think of the film as a photo album made up of individual photographs. Imagine looking at a photo album where you are looking at 24 photographs each second. How many photos would you look at in one minute? (24 x 60 sec). how many photos will you look at in 175 min? ((24x60) x 175). So now you know how many photo graphs are in the 'album'.

Next imagine yourself looking at the photos slightly faster. First, if you're looking at them faster you will get through the album faster so you know it will take less than 175 min. So if you are looking at 25 per sec how many is that in a minute? (25x60). From the 1st part you already know there are 252,000 photos, so in part 2 if you're looking at 1500 photos per minute how long will it take you to get through all 252,000 photos? (252,000/(25x60)).

As I've said to you in a previous post, if you visualize the problems it will help you keep track of the details and understand the 'mechanics' of the question. If you practice visualizing, a math problem like this can easily be done in your head in under 30 seconds.

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2012, 3:50 pm

We included the CineFrame modes in our HDV camcorders to offer professional users the creative flexibility to shoot in 24, 25, 30, 50 or 60 pictures per second," explained Juan Martinez, senior product manager in Sony Electronics' Professional Video Products group.????

Edit:- http://www.steves-digicams.com/knowledg ... p-60i.html