Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CryosHypnoAeon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jun 2015, 1:38 pm

John_Browning,

Ah yes,

my kinda people :>

" idiots, imbeciles, morons, mongoloids, psychotics, neurotics, melancholics ..."

Doom1991
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jun 2015, 7:10 pm

Thats a horrible idea. Weed for one is a gateway drug and is also addictive. People with Autism already have obsession problems and combining drugs like alcohol, cigarettes, and weed will only make it worse in the long run. If you want a solution to Autism then seek out the ability to make the mind stronger. That is the one true cure.

awsamb
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 4:22 pm

Cannabis put me into a state of depersonalization, wouldn't recommend it to people, especially autists.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 6:52 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
John_Browning wrote:
CannabisForAutism wrote:
Kroni wrote:
If anything, smoking weed exacerbates my social inhibitions, thereby exacerbating the side effects of my Aspergers.

I'm the opposite. I find it usefully inhibits my otherwise problematic lack of social inhibitions.

Cannabis doesn't work for everyone on the spectrum but it's useful to some :)

This is a good time to point out that cannabis is detrimental for use with some disorders that commonly occur along with autism, and can be dangerous to use along with some medications- both psychiatric and for other conditions as well. In places that allow medical use, consulting your physician (and not a doctor that cranks out medical cards for the right price) would be advisable.

The main thing to avoid with marijuana is taking it in combination with sedatives. If someone is stupid enough to use MJ with barbiturates or sleeping pills they are probably stupid enough to uses alcohol with them also. I would much rather see someone combining MJ and sedatives than alcohol and sedatives.

Portraying doctors who issue prescriptions for MJ as greedy unscrupulous profiteers is like portray gun dealers at gun shows as greedy unscrupulous profiteers. We know it happens but it sure as hell isn't a majority. I personally know gun dealers and doctors who issue MJ recommendations. How many have you met?

I've met 0...

samuelR
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 May 2019, 3:19 am

I personally know of a young girls with non-verbal autism who's family controls those symptoms her with a cbd oil every day, medically prescribed. If to belive this [url . Studies also show that cannabis treatment can significantly improve sleep and concentration.

Last edited by B19 on 13 Nov 2019, 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.: spammer

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 7:33 am

^ And there's another good point there - most medicinal uses are specifically the CBD component, whereas folks who just want to get high are generally looking for the THC component. If you buy bud from a street dealer, you're potentially getting a mix of components which varies a lot according to the strain of plants that the cannabis was derived from (not to mention whatever pesticides etc. the grower might have sprayed all over them to maximise their profits.) If you are going to try using it medicinally, you need to be sure that what you're getting is from a reliable and predictable source, otherwise the results are likely to be very variable, and maybe with some unexpected nasty surprises. As with any medicine, controlled circumstances and close observation of the effects are necessary.

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2019, 11:00 pm

The first few times I tried cannabis I had strange reactions. People noticed that I was behaving oddly from it and pointed it out to me. One time it made me feel so heavy I had to go lay on my side next to a log to keep from feeling like gravity was crushing me. I also got paranoid feelings sometimes from it.

Since then I have become dependent on it to relieve anxiety. I've gone without it for long periods, and I notice that I get seriously perturbed if I do. I'll become sharper and have more energy, but I'll also begin getting incredibly uneasy and intellectually combative. Sobriety is honestly a bit hellish for me, far beyond the "detox" period. There is a happy middle ground between addiction and abstinence that is most positive for my mental state.

I remember so many of my social interactions were in the pursuit of it. I just wanted to be able to relax. Then I would smoke with someone and all I could think was "I wish I could just be alone right now."

These days, I will just smoke a small bit and sit and space out in thought. It's one of my favorite things about it; it makes my ruminating extra fascinating and enjoyable.

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 12:15 am

I think it's been almost entirely positive for me. I don't usually smoke, and when I do it's not very much at all, but it's always helped.

That's all I'm going to say right now.