Fictional Characters With Undiagnosed Aspergers or Autism

Page 1 of 60 [ 949 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60  Next

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 2:20 pm

Mr. Bean---absolutely aspergers--everything he does is completely against convention. I can relate to him.

Kramer---not as much as Mr. Bean, but he's still eccentric

Spock---pure logic

Data for that matter, except he's not human. But if he were...

Michael Scott from "the Office"---terrible social skills!

ooohprettycolors
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2006, 2:31 pm

Temperance Brennen or "Bones" on the crime show "Bones". Shes an anthropologist and all her logic about human behavior comes from anthroplogy. She doesn't follow conventions, is clueless about popular culture, and takes things literally. There's another guy on the show who also could have it but I forgot his name.

The young nerdy looking guy on Criminal Minds might too. (Sorry I don't remember the names of fictional characters.) He's savant-ish and pedantic.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 2:36 pm

L in Death Note has AS. Weird "stimming" habits, poor social skills, hangs around by himself, has a high IQ and a passionate interest in crime-solving.... Textbook case.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 2:50 pm

House MD: Obsessive, Poor Social Skills, Hates Change and Extreme Lack of Empathy

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

11 Nov 2006, 2:55 pm

Chris from The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. Maybe. Thing is, it's blatantly obvious he's on the spectrum, but AS/Autism isn't meantioned even once during the story, so whether or not he's been formally diagnosed is debatable. However, he was written intentionally to have these traits.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 3:17 pm

Butters from South Park, perhaps?

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 3:33 pm

Cat Woman

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 3:33 pm

Cyclops of the X-Men: obsessive, hopeless at communication (he needs a literal mind-reader to really talk, after all), wretched at handling changes of any kind, and enjoys time by himself.

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 3:41 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
Cat Woman

lol. :lol:

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 4:01 pm

Juggernaut wrote:
Kramer---not as much as Mr. Bean, but he's still eccentric

Kramer might be an example of social genius. He didn't care what people thought and he always did well with the ladies.

- Emerson

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 4:43 pm

Me if i was a super saiyan 8)

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 4:52 pm

Joxer the Mighty (Xena Warrior Princess/Hercules the Legendary Journeys)

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 5:15 pm

Helena Bonham-Farter's character in Fight Club?

NorahW
Raven
Raven

11 Nov 2006, 5:29 pm

ooohprettycolors wrote:
Temperance Brennen or "Bones" on the crime show "Bones". Shes an anthropologist and all her logic about human behavior comes from anthroplogy. She doesn't follow conventions, is clueless about popular culture, and takes things literally. There's another guy on the show who also could have it but I forgot his name.

The young nerdy looking guy on Criminal Minds might too. (Sorry I don't remember the names of fictional characters.) He's savant-ish and pedantic.

Clueless about popular culture? That's an AS trait? It seems like a lot of Aspies are up on popular culture pretty well. Just the fact that you can name all these TV shows and recent movies means you are up on popular culture.

NorahW
Raven
Raven

11 Nov 2006, 5:40 pm

Some people have mentioned Gil Grissom on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (the Las Vegas one) as a possible Aspie. He has unusual interests (bugs, riding on roller coasters) and is alone a lot; also people who have seen the show more than I have say he has trouble interacting with his employees, or is "unempathetic" towards them or something. (I've seen a couple examples of this, but since I haven't that many of the shows, can't say for sure. I know I've had bosses like him and I just thought it was a management style.) He is always very empathetic towards anyone considered "different" by society.

They have also mentioned Sara Sidle, another character on the same show (and now Grissom's love interest) as a possible Aspie: Struggles with relationships with her co-workers and men, has bad posture (people keep thinking she's pregnant because of the way she stands with her stomach stickng out: personally it's probably the actor who plays her who stands this way all the time, not only when she's playing Sara, and she's probably not AS), in her backstory it said she was into her studies all the time as a kid and never had friends until college. She also will kind of blurt out when she's telling someone their relative died, such as on the last episode if anyone watches that show. However, I think the backstory on her is that she saw one of her parents kill the other, and that before that the parents were very dysfunctional, so the writers may be thinking that someone who went though all this might have interaction problems and may not be thinking of AS.

I've also heard a character on "Law and Order: Criminal Intent" played by Vincent D'Onofrio (spelling?) seemed Aspie to some people, but I've never seen it so I can't tell.

Ryan Wolfe on "CSI Miami" might be as well as he has admitted OCD tendencies and has trouble getting along with his co-workers; it's hard to tell though if his trouble is just that he wants to get ahead really bad and is stepping on peoples' toes, or if he really wants to not hurt people but does anyway. Anyway, everyone on the show is written to always get along very well with everyone else, except for Wolfe; he sticks out like a sore thumb and people on the IMDb board for this show are always complaining about him. He also seems naive with women.

Also, that one family on "Third Rock from the Sun".

There's a recurring Aspie on "Boston Legal" but he's diagnosed.

Eschew_Obfuscation
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Nov 2006, 4:30 am

Charles Wallace from Madeline l'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, and A Swiftly Tilting Planet come on, he so is, first, his backstory says he didn't talk till he was three (I think it was three...) but was talking like a professor by the time he was five in A Wrinkle in Time. He doesn't understand why the Mrs. W's are weird, and has physics for his bedtime reading. In A Wind in the Door, he is having trouble in a school where no one understands him, he says "our teacher has the mind of a grasshopper," after demonstrating that he knows much more than her, and takes her response to his talking about mitochondria in class as no more than a sign that he shouldn't talk about mitochondria in class.