Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

mv
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 7:41 am

curlyfry wrote:
I was messaged by someone who was a 70% match and was a little apprehensive but I took the time and looked at what questions they answered. Come to find out the questions were not good at determining a match but when we started chatting it was becoming clear how similar our minds were. We have similar interests and also prefer to drink almost everything warm even juice. It's Bizarre. His profile revealed that he could be clingy and he admitted that but said he would give me more space if directed.

I was on a year disabled my account at least 3 times and was finally going to accept that I would be merely improving my communication skills and not find anyone but on a whim they decided to extend their search area and found me. We now talk on the phone and are meeting IRL soon.

So that's proof it can happen :P

Yay! Excellent story!

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 7:44 am

mv wrote:
MXH wrote:
:cry:

Aw, MXH, I think you're physically *very* lovely, almost ethereally so, and I'm sure there are age-appropriate girls that are into that lean, sinewy look. It's probably not your looks that are weighing you down, maybe you don't put yourself out there enough (so that people can see the real you)? It's a very hard and very subtle thing to do (I have given up, more or less), but from what I've read here you seem interesting, come from an educated family, straddle many cultures, etc.

Well, seeing how nobody stays long enough around me to get to see the real me i have to narrow it down to what they did see about me before walking off. Which was physical looks

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 7:47 am

nebrets wrote:
I because of the number of messages I got from creepy guys I got too stressed and paranoid and left the site without warning.

I identify with that.

Make account, get spammed, delete account.

Make account, get spammed, delete account.

Repeat

Repeat

Get fed up. :evil:

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 10:14 am

mv wrote:
curlyfry wrote:
I was messaged by someone who was a 70% match and was a little apprehensive but I took the time and looked at what questions they answered. Come to find out the questions were not good at determining a match but when we started chatting it was becoming clear how similar our minds were. We have similar interests and also prefer to drink almost everything warm even juice. It's Bizarre. His profile revealed that he could be clingy and he admitted that but said he would give me more space if directed.

I was on a year disabled my account at least 3 times and was finally going to accept that I would be merely improving my communication skills and not find anyone but on a whim they decided to extend their search area and found me. We now talk on the phone and are meeting IRL soon.

So that's proof it can happen :P

Yay! Excellent story!

It's seems surreal actually. I even mentioned that I'm on the spectrum and he wasn't phased a bit. He was actually worried he was too geeky to keep my attention and come to find out that's what helps keeps my attention. LOL

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 11:47 am

Well, I STILL haven't mustered up the courage to message anyone. I literally just can't think of anything to talk about with the ones who look interesting. Any confidence I had after curlyfry's opinions on my profile was quick to evaporate right out the window.

Even further of a confidence-killer was reading this article about profile pictures. It's bad enough I don't have many photos of myself, but I not only have none of what they say work, I just don't feel comfortable not smiling in a picture. This is aside from the fact that I'm uncomfortable in pictures period. :(

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 3:34 pm

crmoore wrote:
It's bad enough I don't have many photos of myself, but I not only have none of what they say work, I just don't feel comfortable not smiling in a picture.

Have someone agree to sneak and take a picture of you when you aren't paying attention. That way, you'll get the not smiling, not looking at the camera, doing something interesting, and not being self-conscious all in one go...assuming you aren't constantly randomly smiling throughout the day and your photographer doesn't catch you sleeping or using the bathroom or something. :wink:

Personally, I feel very unsafe putting up a picture on this particular website (also for something in the OkTrends blog), but I don't think it matters since I rarely got any messages even when I did have some.