Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 2:57 pm

Kjas wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
This one time, I was born

Oh, yours didn't want you either huh?

Did they try to hide it or just admit it outright?

Join the club! :lol:

I was kept in a sensory deprivation chamber for 3 years- deprived of all senses except a loop track of Queen's "Flash" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmrHTd ... re=related

brickmack
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 May 2012, 7:15 pm

I once buried my moms shoes in a patch of trees near where we lived so I wouldn't have to go to the doctor while she looked for them. She just wore a different pair though (it wasnt until years later that I realized people had multiple pairs of shoes sometimes)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 7:31 pm

There was one night that I was unwilling to go to bed when I was 9 and I had a cast on my right leg. I was making up nightmares. I said, "Mum, I had a Taco Bell nightmare!" "Mum, I had a Burger King nightmare!" "Mum, I had a McDonald's nightmare!" "Mum, I had a Dairy Queen nightmare!" She said, "Stop having nightmares and go to bed!"

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 7:59 pm

I have a few odd things about my early memories. for example,. the first memory I can recall clearly, involves me calling my mum and then sending her off, to wind her up, or because it amused me... :lol:

another really 'the f**k was i on about?' memory was me asking for a computer when I was 5 and getting one - it was the 80s, not like today when there's nothing note worthy about a computer being purchased for a kid.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 9:53 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
When I was 4 I was obsessed with holes and putting things in holes my family and I were on a trip back from yellowstone and I put dominoes in the air conditioner so the air conditioner stopped working and we had to drive in the heat haha. My family never forgets and keeps bringing it up from time to time.

I used to put puzzle pieces in the heater vents at home. lol

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 10:15 pm

Where to start.

I taped the receiver button down on the telephone so it wouldn't stop ringing even when the receiver was picked up.

I put toothpaste on the toilet seat to prank my sister, got my mom.

I'd tiptoe down the hall to my sister's room. Get them all riled up then sprint back to my room and pretend to be asleep as they got read the riot act.

As a literal aspie kid I was always trying ways to add props to songs;
A collection of nasty rocks from the yard tossed across the clean kitchen floor = "The Rolling Stones"
Sugar poured all over a dollhouse roof = "Home Sweet Home"

I wanted french fries, but wasn't allowed to have a knife. In came the egg slicer. It worked so well on the eggs with nice even slices. On the potato, "Sproiiing" No more egg slicer.

I decided I didn't like the color of my carpeting in my room so I proceeded to get all of the colored sugar sprinkles from the cabinet and poured them all over the floor. Voila new color!

In grade school, I needed to make a shoebox diorama of dinosaurs. I felt it looked rather plain so I began to search cabinets to find supplies. I happened upon my mom's spice cabinet and was thrilled at my discovery of so many well preserved leaves and plants. I basically wiped out my mom's entire supply.
I did wind up with a wonderful-smelling shoebox full of plastic dinosaurs.

The best. I was born 6 weeks early. The week my dad took off work so my parents could begin to prepare my nursery.

I just remembered the day I gave my dad a hug before work just so I could put a banana sticker smack in the middle of his forehead. I forget just how long it took someone to speak up about it at his work. I know it was quite a while, though.

Last edited by GreyGirl on 02 May 2012, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 10:17 pm

Kjas wrote:
When I was 4, my cousins cat died.
Me, being 4, and loving any animal, was absolutely devistated.

Mistake number 1: My guardian told me that the kitty would go to kitty heaven, but in order to do so, I had to bury him first.

So, he picked a spot, and I dug the hole and we buried him.

Me being me, the next night I checked to see if the kitty had gone to kitty heaven yet, so I dug him up to check. Needless to say he was still there, which meant that I picked him up and ran screaming into the house, yelling that he had lied to me and there was no such thing as kitty heaven, or that for whatever reason, they wouldn't let him into kitty heaven. I was determined to recitfy it if they in fact, would not let him into kitty heaven.

Mistake number 2: He said that they would, I just had to wait a bit longer, and he told me to bury him again and that by tomorrow night, he would be in kitty heaven.

Since I thought he had already lied to me once, I buried the cat again, but I buried him with his tail above ground so I could tell when he went without having to dig him up again. 8O
(later on he admitted that the tail above the ground bit was ingenious at the time)

My guardian had to sneak out the next night before I snuck out to check and had to bury him in a different spot so I though he had gone to kitty heaven to put an end to the whole fiasco, before there were some full on meltdowns.

Moral of the story: Don't lie to an aspie kid, you will never hear the end of it.

May I please share this anonymously with a few FB friends? You had me crying laughing. Too intelligent for those adults, you were.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 3:03 pm

No Problem.^^^

Some smart person (I don't remember who exactly) told me about Santa Claus. Stupidly, my guardians went along with it at the time and used to say that I wouldn't get presents at christmas unless I was good.

Of course this sparked my curiousity. After waiting up for 2 different years on christmas night to keep watch (I fell asleep both times) to try, in order to try to see this "Santa" who managaed to make it around the world in one night. Which I didn't believe because I knew how long plane trips took between continents, and because I had never seen a reindeer.

The next year (I was 7) I decided to take it a step further and decided to try and catch Santa. After planning it out all very carefully, I hid behind the couch with a big thermos of coffee (didn't want to fall asleep this time). I figured if Santa really was magical then I couldn't just trap him with a net or anything because he might just disappear and reappear outside the net, so I went with my baseball bat instead.

At about 2 in the morning, I heard movement in the house. I heard someone come down the hallway, and then I heard the crackle of the wrapping paper of the presents they were carrying. I quickly picked up the bat and waited. Santa had his back to me and was busy arranging presents, so I waited until he moved closer to my position (in the meantime wondering why he was so damn tall). When he got close enough, I swung as hard as I could. Santa went down real hard, right into the tree and knocked it over.

My first guardian woke up at all the noise and ran down the hall and turned on the light, only to find my other guardian unconcious on the floor, the tree knocked over, and me poking my guardian with the baseball bat and wondering why he wasn't wearing red.

After they turned him over, I understood it was G, and the first words out of my mouth were "I told you Santa doesn't exsist!". G had to go to hospital, and ended up with concussion.

It didn't dawn on me until later that they were both in on it and then I refused to talk to them for the next 2 months for lying to me. I did apologise to G for knocking him out after he apologised to me for lying to me.

treasuretrinkets
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 May 2012, 3:40 pm

Uhm, the things I did were both mean and weird. I wasn't a very nice child.

When I was super young, I would constantly call the police then hang up and they would come to our door and I'd get in trouble.
I made my mom sad by taking all her lipsticks and winding them up and then putting the caps on them. I still feel bad for that cuz it made her cry, I went all around our neighborhood with a friend looking for somebody else's missing cat when I was 7 or something. Got in trouble for going off alone.

There's numerous things in my teenage years, but the ones I remember right now are when I lived with my dad and decided it was a good idea to place the rice cooker which had rice in it in the oven to warm up the rice. I hadn't thought about the fact that the rice could have been taken out. Anyways, the handle for the lid melted. Another home appliance problem was when I decided to see if I could get the microwave to work without the door being closed so I stuck my fingers into the holes an pressed start. A fuse went out and the microwave died. I very well could have been electrocuted. Needless to say, my dad was pissed.

I'm sure I'll add more later.

Last edited by treasuretrinkets on 03 May 2012, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 8:24 pm

Kjas wrote:
No Problem.^^^

Some smart person (I don't remember who exactly) told me about Santa Claus. Stupidly, my guardians went along with it at the time and used to say that I wouldn't get presents at christmas unless I was good.

Of course this sparked my curiousity. After waiting up for 2 different years on christmas night to keep watch (I fell asleep both times) to try, in order to try to see this "Santa" who managaed to make it around the world in one night. Which I didn't believe because I knew how long plane trips took between continents, and because I had never seen a reindeer.

The next year (I was 7) I decided to take it a step further and decided to try and catch Santa. After planning it out all very carefully, I hid behind the couch with a big thermos of coffee (didn't want to fall asleep this time). I figured if Santa really was magical then I couldn't just trap him with a net or anything because he might just disappear and reappear outside the net, so I went with my baseball bat instead.

At about 2 in the morning, I heard movement in the house. I heard someone come down the hallway, and then I heard the crackle of the wrapping paper of the presents they were carrying. I quickly picked up the bat and waited. Santa had his back to me and was busy arranging presents, so I waited until he moved closer to my position (in the meantime wondering why he was so damn tall). When he got close enough, I swung as hard as I could. Santa went down real hard, right into the tree and knocked it over.

My first guardian woke up at all the noise and ran down the hall and turned on the light, only to find my other guardian unconcious on the floor, the tree knocked over, and me poking my guardian with the baseball bat and wondering why he wasn't wearing red.

After they turned him over, I understood it was G, and the first words out of my mouth were "I told you Santa doesn't exsist!". G had to go to hospital, and ended up with concussion.

It didn't dawn on me until later that they were both in on it and then I refused to talk to them for the next 2 months for lying to me. I did apologise to G for knocking him out after he apologised to me for lying to me.

You crack me up :lmao:
My santa thing was when my dad tried to surprise us kids as santa. I bought the act for less than a half-second, maybe. Why would my dad leave just when santa came over to visit? AND Why wouldn't he have real boots instead of plastic shoe covers? And why was his suit so clean? etc... I think I was maybe all of 6 years old. My sisters were thrilled to meet santa, so I didn't say anything. (Probably would've been beat if I did). Don't mess with an aspie kid. We notice everything. 8)

Fatman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Nov 2012, 11:29 pm

i guess to name one of the thousands of things i did i used to hide under our school buses at rescess during hide and seek