How old do you feel relative to your actual age?

Page 6 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Wogar
Raven
Raven

03 Aug 2012, 10:05 pm

I feel about twenty. People see me as much younger. One girl told me last year that she thought I was 16. :oops:

hellokittyluvr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Aug 2012, 10:33 pm

I am 20 but I always feel like im between 10-13 yet other times i feel as young as 4. :?

Rattus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Aug 2012, 4:33 am

As a child I was sort of a child-adult, I was always intellectally precocious and very intense so I suspect that always made me seem a little too old for my age, I was also always hyperverbal so that helped to make up for being emotionally and socially undeveloped,it also hid it for a long time from most people. As I went through my teens though it became very noticible.
As an adult (24) I am in most respects too young, I am emotionally and socially immature and I've had none of the experiences most people of my age have. I've spent most of the last decade in the psychiatric system and significant amounts of time in ED units and psych wards. I am told I am highly intelligent which is a good thing but because I have none of the life skills or social skills of someone who is an adult I often feel like I am a child on the cusp of puberty. I feel compleatly unequipped to be an adult and I guess that makes me seem a lot younger in many respects. I feel like I am an enternal child, I feel like Peter Pan.

nrau
Toucan
Toucan

04 Aug 2012, 5:06 am

If I knew how people my age, older, or younger think I wouldn't be here

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2012, 9:22 am

Im 15 and many people tell me I act like a 5 year old :hmph:

gc1ceo

09 Aug 2012, 11:03 am

32 and half the time I feel somewhere between 12 and 20-something, I virtually never feel 32 or even late 20s.

nolan1971
Toucan
Toucan

09 Aug 2012, 12:06 pm

I am 41 but I feel more like 27 :D

VL
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Aug 2012, 12:58 pm

It's weird. I had to grow up fast, so while I matured fast mentally; now that I'm 39, I feel so much younger. Luckily having aNother medical condition keeps me out of the sun, so I'm told I look closer to my kids ages than my husband's. So it doesn't seem so bad.:)
My son whom also has AS is 17 though, and he too is having the same problem many younger people here seem to speak about. My daughter is about to become 15 and has a boyfriend she's been best friends with since she was about 10. Meanwhile he still could really care less about having a girlfriend. And gets along swimmingly with her boyfriend.

PokemonChampionIris
Raven
Raven

09 Aug 2012, 1:02 pm

Probably very young. It fluctuates...

~Pokemon Trainer for LIFE...~

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 1:25 pm

I still feel somewhat like a young child, or maybe a young teenager, in contrast to my biological age of 20. I still like cartoons, stuffed animals, etc.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes