How old do you feel relative to your actual age?

Page 1 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Intrepid_Squirrel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2012, 4:32 am

I'm around 21 but when I look at how other 21 year olds act and talk, I feel sorta like a kid still. Is this something that AS people go through?

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2012, 5:07 am

I'm 20 but emotionally and sexually I feel about 13. It was hard watching all my friends develop and getting left behind. I always thought, "when I'm older I will turn into a normal person" ... but obviously it never happened.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

01 May 2012, 5:14 am

I'm 42 but emotionally, I feel like I'm no older than my 20s, at the most. A lot of things that adults are supposed to think and do, I don't think or do, and some of it I do not even understand.

LennytheWicked
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 5:41 am

I'm a teenager, and I feel like I should be in my thirties or forties and have already done this crap. Apparently I talk like an old person.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 5:58 am

Im turning 16 in August, and I act about 13 14 ish.
Yes its part of Aspergers to act and feel younger, due to our emotional immaturity abd not picking up on peoples cues.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 6:03 am

I don't think I can give a single answer. As a child and teenager I often felt older than my age. Now I still sometimes do, but at other times I feel younger as well. It depends on the situation and the people I'm around.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 6:18 am

It's strange trying to answer this. In some ways, I'm a really sensible person. I don't over-indulge, don't buy stuff just because everyone else has it and I make sure my daughter is well cared for. I behave myself and don't cause any upset. So, really at 39, I'm more or less behaving as I should. I've always been like that, even as a child. But, in other respects, I feel like a 19yr old. Although I'm a wife/mother/housewife, I'm not the wife/mother/housewife type. I still haven't decided on what I want to be when I grow up.

MikaNeko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 May 2012, 6:32 am

I'm turning 16 in a few months, though I feel about 12 or 13. It's odd watching everyone bypass me as I stay all childlike.

Your Aspie score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

日本語をならっています。

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 6:52 am

Well in some ways I feel I'm more like 18 than 22.

DaBeef2112
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 May 2012, 7:00 am

Verdandi wrote:
I'm 42 but emotionally, I feel like I'm no older than my 20s, at the most. A lot of things that adults are supposed to think and do, I don't think or do, and some of it I do not even understand.

I'm almost the same age as you and that sounds about right to me (at least socially/emotionally). I also look much younger than I am as well.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 42 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie
AQ = 41 EQ = 9

zombiegirl2010
Toucan
Toucan

01 May 2012, 7:07 am

Well, this is complicated I think. I've never hung around people my age. I'm 33 and my gf is in her mid-40's and the few people I consider friends are also in their 40's. So, I suppose since I most relate with 40-somethings I'd say that I feel 40-something.

SillyOldBear
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 May 2012, 7:07 am

i just turned 49, and i FEEL like 5-15...:)

VisInsita
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 May 2012, 7:11 am

I’ve never felt time or age.

Rhiannon0828
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2012, 7:42 am

DaBeef2112 wrote:
Verdandi wrote:

I'm almost the same age as you and that sounds about right to me (at least socially/emotionally). I also look much younger than I am as well.

I'm about the same age as the two of you and it's similiar for me. When I am around other adults near my age I always feel younger than them, rather like they're the grown-ups and I'm a child or at least a much younger person. It's even worse if they are in any kind of position of authority. I have a very difficult time feeling socially "equal" to them. I know it causes some of my peers to treat me like I am younger, which hurts me professionally. It's weird because in some ways I am very responsible and adult and in other ways I am very child-like.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 7:59 am

For a very long time I always said that I was 7 years younger than my actual age (mainly as I was not really a part of the rest of the world until I was 7 years old)...these days however physically I feel older than my age and so I feel older mentally too.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 7:59 am

For a very long time I always said that I was 7 years younger than my actual age (mainly as I was not really a part of the rest of the world until I was 7 years old)...these days however physically I feel older than my age and so I feel older mentally too.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.