Page 4 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 83
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

05 May 2012, 4:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

That is actually very well said.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Good sense? The argumentum ad bacculum. Buy insurance or we will loot your bank account.;

ruveyn



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 116
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,972

05 May 2012, 4:45 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

That is actually very well said.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Good sense? The argumentum ad bacculum. Buy insurance or we will loot your bank account.;

ruveyn


Argumentum ad bacculum is not necessarily fallacious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_baculum



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,206
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

05 May 2012, 7:24 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

That is actually very well said.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Good sense? The argumentum ad bacculum. Buy insurance or we will loot your bank account.;

ruveyn


Being that this money would be taken out by the IRS in your taxes, it's not like the army is going to go door to door, robbing people at gun point. No more than your taxes for the upkeep of roads, police and fire protection, and national defense is collected literally by force.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 116
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,972

05 May 2012, 7:41 pm

Like Mitt Romney, you do have the right to give up Medicare. However, unless the Supreme Court acts, then you will be required to sign up for something else. Or pay a tax.

So, you had probably better just keep your Medicare.

Was that a decent argumentum ad baculum?



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 83
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

05 May 2012, 9:22 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Being that this money would be taken out by the IRS in your taxes, it's not like the army is going to go door to door, robbing people at gun point. No more than your taxes for the upkeep of roads, police and fire protection, and national defense is collected literally by force.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Then it should be levied as a tax, not disguised as a purchase.

ruveyn



Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

05 May 2012, 10:07 pm

You no what is very true in ancient civilizations the economy was good. Leaders could be civilize on how to handle peoples money an taxes now a days we fight and bicker instead of making tough choices. We are only hurting the nation when we can not come to terms on what works best the Independents like myslef should be a third party or a least America should have more then just two Political Parties.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,206
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 May 2012, 12:17 am

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Being that this money would be taken out by the IRS in your taxes, it's not like the army is going to go door to door, robbing people at gun point. No more than your taxes for the upkeep of roads, police and fire protection, and national defense is collected literally by force.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Then it should be levied as a tax, not disguised as a purchase.

ruveyn


You would think so, but conservatives would have a shitfit over anything that smacked of a tax. And that's regardless of the fact that Obama's healthcare reform is actually based on a Republican plan.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,447

06 May 2012, 10:17 am

The religious right loves to turn health care into a market place.



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 83
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

06 May 2012, 11:16 am

androbot2084 wrote:
The religious right loves to turn health care into a market place.



We are more dependent on food than on medical care and you do not complain that our food supply which is absolutely essential to living until next month, is in private hands. Can you at least be consistent?

Why not put the government in charge of growing our food and feeding us? Then we can stand in line half a day at a time and wait for meager rations.


ruveyn



Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

06 May 2012, 11:45 am

androbot2084 wrote:
The religious right loves to turn health care into a market place.


Pleas give me a link which religion are you talking about their are more then one type of religious right.



Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

06 May 2012, 11:45 am

ruveyn wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:
The religious right loves to turn health care into a market place.



We are more dependent on food than on medical care and you do not complain that our food supply which is absolutely essential to living until next month, is in private hands. Can you at least be consistent?

Why not put the government in charge of growing our food and feeding us? Then we can stand in line half a day at a time and wait for meager rations.


ruveyn


The only good thing goverment is for is protecting the nation other then that they are useless.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,206
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 May 2012, 5:04 pm

ruveyn wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:
The religious right loves to turn health care into a market place.



We are more dependent on food than on medical care and you do not complain that our food supply which is absolutely essential to living until next month, is in private hands. Can you at least be consistent?

Why not put the government in charge of growing our food and feeding us? Then we can stand in line half a day at a time and wait for meager rations.


ruveyn


But no one is keeping food out of financial reach of the masses. The same can hardly be said about medical care.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 116
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,972

06 May 2012, 5:41 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJjqyA2zj3Y[/youtube]



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 95,484
Location: the island of defective toy santas

06 May 2012, 8:22 pm

ruveyn wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Mitt the Plastic Mormon

ruveyn


This sounds like a challenge for a song, or some other creative endeavour.

Any takers?


I hear echos of Peter, Paul and Mary in my mind.

okaaaayyy......

"mitt, the plastic mor-mon, lived by the sea...
and uttered empty homilies 'bout the man from gallilee
moderate republican papers, vetted that empty fluff
and brought him campaign contributions and other fancy stuff
...."

anybody else wanna add lines to this?



Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

06 May 2012, 8:23 pm

auntblabby wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Mitt the Plastic Mormon

ruveyn


This sounds like a challenge for a song, or some other creative endeavour.

Any takers?


I hear echos of Peter, Paul and Mary in my mind.

okaaaayyy......

"mitt, the plastic mor-mon, lived by the sea...
and uttered empty homilies 'bout the man from gallilee
moderate republican papers, vetted that empty fluff
and brought him campaign contributions and other fancy stuff
...."

anybody else wanna add lines to this?


:lol: I would but I am laughing to hard.



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 83
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

06 May 2012, 8:26 pm

auntblabby wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Mitt the Plastic Mormon

ruveyn


This sounds like a challenge for a song, or some other creative endeavour.

Any takers?


I hear echos of Peter, Paul and Mary in my mind.

okaaaayyy......

"mitt, the plastic mor-mon, lived by the sea...
and uttered empty homilies 'bout the man from gallilee
moderate republican papers, vetted that empty fluff
and brought him campaign contributions and other fancy stuff
...."

anybody else wanna add lines to this?


Brilliant! I could not touch that with a 10 yard pole.

ruveyn