Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Diabolikal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 May 2012, 6:17 pm

All I gotta say is, it hit me that I don't really like Watchmen(the book). For many reasons, one on a personal level that i read it years ago, and it basically destroyed me, showed the universe as a nihilistic place (it may still be true), and instilled a hatred of humanity and everything, for which I've never forgiven it. Second, I've been thinking there could be much higher standards, much more potential you could do with comics. But with watchmen, it's like entrapment, entrapment in a world on internet fans who secretly make fun and a bunch of other stuff no one ever said would happen, entrapment in a too-perfect fandom and beliefs about writing and creating stuff, I could go on.
Feel free to respond below, I'm not saying this is all absolute, it's just been plaguing me for years.(Frankly, i'm ready for people to hate me, like that guy some other forum about The Dark Knight Rises.)

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 7:19 pm

You don't have to like something, the book was supposed to be depressing and leave a bitter taste in your mouth. It's a work of art but it isn't for everybody. You don't have to feel bad for not enjoying something because it was wasn't made for people with your tastes. Everybody is different.

Diabolikal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 May 2012, 7:47 pm

Xenu wrote:
You don't have to like something, the book was supposed to be depressing and leave a bitter taste in your mouth. It's a work of art but it isn't for everybody. You don't have to feel bad for not enjoying something because it was wasn't made for people with your tastes. Everybody is different.

That actually helps. Thanks.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 8:18 pm

Diabolikal wrote:
Xenu wrote:

That actually helps. Thanks.

No problem :3.