Worrying about losing friends and actually losing friends

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

KarateKetchup
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 May 2012, 11:35 pm

I was told constantly that I worry too much about losing friends, and I should stop thinking of such things. But I lost three friends already. So I can't just stop worrying. I worry about if they just began ignoring me, and if I may say something stupid. Those things have happened. Even with more than three friends. I still have my closest friends, but I'm scared that what I mentioned will happen one day. I recently lost one because I said something stupid. And I seriously regret it. I've been doing nothing bit greeving about it two hours after it ended. I just don't know how to improve myself as a person. Way too many people said I should improve. But I'm lost. It's just not as easy as they think. I need help, please. :(

AldousH
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 May 2012, 12:05 am

Well... s**t happens. We all loose friends.

If they are so easy to leave you they aren't to much as friends to begin with.

What makes you so sure that you "lost" them?

KarateKetchup
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2012, 12:13 am

AldousH wrote:
Well... sh** happens. We all loose friends.

If they are so easy to leave you they aren't to much as friends to begin with.

What makes you so sure that you "lost" them?

To make this sound even more immature, this is settled with all my online friends. They would usually block me or remove me from their contacts. They didn't even say anything back. They just do it like that while I'm talking to them.

Catarina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2012, 1:20 am

I think these people never thought of themselves as your friend. They thought of you as a person that they knew. When you offended, or were annoying, you were not someone they wanted to spend their time with. :cry:

It happens to aspies. We can be really offensive and have no clue why people are mad so often.

You say that you want to change for the better. One change would be choosing friends who are more patient. Tell people up front that you make mistakes, but please let me know right away, because I do not mean to offend.

KarateKetchup
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2012, 12:48 pm

Things are getting a lot better on my end, but thank you guys. :3

While I made a few new friends to compensate the loss of my old ones, it's going to bother me when my closer friends or other friends talk about and to my ex friends and generally say how great people they are >_>