Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

taxman
Raven
Raven

04 May 2012, 5:26 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
So Shania Twain has more right to call herself an american indian than this lady who has never lived in a native american culture ( and is only one 32nd native american) has.

If Elizabeth Warren grew up in Oklahoma she more or less did grow up in a Native American culture. Oklahoma has always had a major Indian presence and people who live there are most likely around Indian culture on a regular basis depending on where they live. There is not really much separation there between "Indian culture" and society in general in a large portion of Oklahoma, especially for the tribes like the Cherokee who don't live on a reservation. They are very much integrated within the established culture.

Although now that I've looked up more info, seems like she's from Oklahoma City, which I *believe* has much less of an Indian presence than the eastern half of the state. But still, you can't really be in Oklahoma and not have some kind of exposure to Indian culture, unless you are really trying to avoid it.

However, yeah, if she has no ancestor on the Dawes roll it does seem like she probably may not be Cherokee, or at least she may not be able to prove it...I will say though that during the turn of the century I don't think someone would put that they were Cherokee on any kind of legal document unless they really were, it is not like today, it was not considered good to be Indian.

I won't get into the whole problem with non-Indians saying who has the right to call themselves Indian. :evil:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2012, 5:59 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
The Crow Tribe adopted President Obama.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008 ... americans/

That is not sufficient to make him a real Crow.

ruveyn

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2012, 6:53 pm

ruveyn wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

ruveyn

That does sound like an invitation for a Photoshop project.

Anyone?

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2012, 7:30 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

ruveyn

That does sound like an invitation for a Photoshop project.

Anyone?

There you go :)

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2012, 8:07 pm

That's a good one--very quick effort.

I had in mind the American crow: looks like this

Can you do one with the bird?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2012, 8:33 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:

Is the second one Kaylani Lei? The one next to her is obviously Miss Paris Hilton.

Who are the others?

The tanerexic Mom is darker than any of them!

DC
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 7:16 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Is the second one Kaylani Lei? The one next to her is obviously Miss Paris Hilton.

Who are the others?

Um, yes :oops: That's her. But except for Kaylani and Paris, I have no idea who they are. When I put this together, I simply googled for photos with the same skin tone (none of the images is photoshopped btw). In case of Kaylani, I searched by name since I've, um, seen a lot of her work and knew that she was a good match. Paris came up when I searched for "strong tan".

I don't mean to be rude but all of those pictures have been photoshopped, hence why they all have the same shade of grey background.

Just by tweaking the white balance in your camera you can make black look like white, your camera does it automatically everytime you take a picture so that it can adjust to different light temperatures.

If you put all of those people in the same room, at the same time and took one photo with all of them in you would see big differences in skin tone.

Nice try, but not real in way... :lol:

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 7:38 pm

She does not have the facial features of some one that is Cherokee I perosnally do not see how people think she may be part cherokee.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 9:00 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHNRf9H7nD4&feature=related[/youtube]

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 9:03 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHNRf9H7nD4&feature=related[/youtube]

She has none of their facial features.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

06 May 2012, 9:09 pm

I wouldn't expect her to have Cherokee features since she is 97% not Cherokee if not 100%.

The point is, she isn't a minority and shouldn't receive the benefits of one. She listed herself as Native American until she got tenure at Harvard and they used her as an example of diversity when they were under fire for a lack of it. It's pretty clear she did this to advance her career.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 9:10 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I wouldn't expect her to have Cherokee features since she is 97% not Cherokee if not 100%.

The point is, she isn't a minority and shouldn't receive the benefits of one. She listed herself as Native American until she got tenure at Harvard and they used her as an example of diversity when they were under fire for a lack of it. It's pretty clear she did this to advance her career.

Sad but true.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2012, 7:16 am

People do whatever they can to advance their careers.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 May 2012, 12:10 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
People do whatever they can to advance their careers.

Not me apparently. :?

I have to wonder what her views on affirmative action and the like are, if she is in support then what she did shows a high level of hypocrisy and lack of character. This is after she lied and said she wasn't wealthy or part of the '1%', when reality she's worth $14.5 and lives in a $5 million dollar house. She seems like the poster child of a 'limousine liberal'.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2012, 1:49 pm

You may be young and still short of life experiences. It is only dishonest people who get ahead. No-one ever got rich by simply doing what one was told.

Speaking of which--I wonder how she got so rich, on a professor's salary?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2012, 2:00 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
You may be young and still short of life experiences. It is only dishonest people who get ahead. No-one ever got rich by simply doing what one was told.

Speaking of which--I wonder how she got so rich, on a professor's salary?

Vladamir Putin grew up poor and became the president of Russia.

Margaret Thatcher grew up poor as a child and became the longest-serving (1979–1990) British prime minister of the 20th century.

Hu Jintao the president of peoples republic of China grew up very poor.

Welath having something to do with how people get politcal power is overrated so what you said is in fact a fallacy.