Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Gryffindor98
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 May 2012, 5:26 pm

Ok so I have no idea how to text. I know like how to text. But not how to carry on a conversation. I can barely do this in person. Other then hi how are you I am at a lost. I mean what do people talk about/ how do you bring it up. suggestions?

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 6:41 pm

You talk about their day... weather... what your doing at the moment or what your doing later... ask about their interests and they respond and you respond to them with your interests and your view on their interests.
.. talk about news that is happening.
I'm on a phone right now typing all this btw. =P Seriously though it's about knowing the people you text and what you want them to know of you.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

Maerlyn138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 May 2012, 9:06 pm

Ya, if you don't know the person well you just have to kind of relay the randomness of your current experiences until the other person clicks and says "Oh ya, the same thing happend to me!", or whatever. It's hard, but don't put too much thought into it. I like to relay the thoughts of my internal monologue (censored a bit or course).

Aspie score: 159 of 200 NT score: 64 of 200

EstherJ
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 9:47 pm

I don't really know how to help you with texting etiquette, but I do know of an interesting way to spend time.

Just sit back and watch people who walk and text bang into stuff. It's very entertaining. They just walk along....and....bam! Right into another person..

Friends don't let friends walk while texting.