Most annoying comments sections on the 'net

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 3:11 pm

I think that YahooAnswers must win the award for the worst. I was following a news story about a girl who was beaten, and YahooAnswers had, among it's comments, that she was Mexican, and that she had died, in hospital, from the beating.
She is bi-racial, African-American and white,she did not die, she has been interviewed about the assault.
Sooo, I vote for YahooAnswers.

Sylkat

Last edited by Sylkat on 06 May 2012, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 3:16 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Yahoo Answers.

OMG YES :x Every now and then, I spot a Yahoo Answers thread in a Google search. And although I know full well how much this site upsets me, because most YA posters just grind for points or whatever and don't have a glimmer of a shred of a fraction of a clue what they're writing about, but I can't keep myself from clicking the link. The reply at the top that is absurdly labeled "best answer", as if to mock me, is usually completely and utterly WRONG :evil: And I want to fix this so bad and post a true answer. Not just want to, I NEED to :bounce: But I can't, the site won't let me :wall: GAH! It's utterly maddening.

hahaha i have had an identical experience on many occasions! those results should be removed from the google.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 3:18 pm

Pretty much any Dutch news site. The amount of racist, right-wing, xenophobic crap spewed by Dutch netizens is startling.

Of course, they're only brave when they're behind their keyboards. In real life, I rarely meet people who dare express their opinions quite as colourfully as they do on the net.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 5:44 pm

Gaia Online - I often refer to it as the "let's-see-who-can-be-the-biggest-jerk" website. Some highlights from my experiences there:

- Me posting a picture of myself and getting put on a list of "Ugliest Members"

- Me talking about my imaginary friends (though admittedly using "new age" speak) and someone calling me "bat**** insane"

- A discussion about autistic spectrum disorders where virtually everyone in the thread was prejudiced against those with autism and when I called someone out on it, they began sending me passive-aggressive messages in my inbox

Is It Normal - I love using this site for the fact that I like to help people to know that they're not alone if they post something that sounds like me, and to get unbiased insight for myself if I post a question. However, a lot of the stories posted sound like troll posts and a lot of the comments make jokes about the questions (which I don't mind if it's a troll post but if it sounds sincere, then it's rude to make fun of them). Some of the comments can be outright mean, but it's not nearly as bad as Gaia Online and there's a thumbs-up, thumbs-down system for comments and the mean comments usually get thumbs-downs.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 5:50 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Everyone knows that YouTube comments sections are full of morons.

Before I looked in this thread, I thought it would feature YouTube, or I was going to mention it myself.

TheSocialExperiment
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 May 2012, 6:35 pm

On YouTube, after expressing my opinions of a video with a comment, they reply: "Don't watch it if you don't like it.", but usually spelt more crudely with no punctuation. I mean c'mon! Are these people missing chromosones?

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 6:37 pm

CyclopsSummers wrote:
Pretty much any Dutch news site. The amount of racist, right-wing, xenophobic crap spewed by Dutch netizens is startling.

Of course, they're only brave when they're behind their keyboards. In real life, I rarely meet people who dare express their opinions quite as colourfully as they do on the net.

Really? I didn't really think of Dutch people as the racist type. I guess it happens in every country though.

Dent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 May 2012, 7:50 pm

A certain video game dev's forum makes me rage (quietly to myself) occasionally. The off topic section is ruled by a clique of the biggest wankers I've ever seen. Can't stay away from several threads, though :roll:

Sempiternal
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 8:22 pm

Let's see... Youtube, Yahoo, Yahoo Answers... occassionally Facebook.

I've never gone on 4chan, thankfully. I've heard that it is a horrible place to be.

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

06 May 2012, 9:03 pm

Do Omegle and Chatroulette count too?

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 9:17 pm

If sites that are not news sites or whatever count, the trolls and fads on Doodleordie are really quite annoying.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 5:29 am

youtube and ABC news (well not all replies there are equally bad, but some are enough to make my blood boil, one regular in particular, she's... argh!)

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 6:02 am

Here's mine: http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/

The worst comments can be found in 'The Coffee Lounge' and 'News, Current Affairs and Topical Discussion'. Every so often there's an awful comment in 'Special Needs & Disabilities Support', usually about kids with ADHD or autism having fake conditions, etc. Lovely place!

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 6:05 am

Dent wrote:
A certain video game dev's forum makes me rage (quietly to myself) occasionally. The off topic section is ruled by a clique of the biggest wankers I've ever seen. Can't stay away from several threads, though :roll:

Beyondunreal/utforums by any chance? :lol:

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 11:41 am

lostgirl1986 wrote:

Really? I didn't really think of Dutch people as the racist type. I guess it happens in every country though.

Well, basically starting ten years ago, certain populist politicians began to express dissatisfaction with multiculturalism here in the Netherlands, and presented it as if the majority of all people felt that way- and also managed to convince many people that the cultural contrasts were bigger than they actually were/are. Many people just ran with that.

There is still a vocal counter-movement, and in the public debate many people disagree with the ideas of a populist like Geert Wilders, but on the net, you read a lot of hurtful comments made by ignorant people.