Page 197 of 276 [ 4403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200 ... 276  Next

KoalaKid1578
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2018, 9:10 pm

Final Fantasy XIV

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 10:30 am

Fire Emblem Fates, still.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 3:24 am

More Beat Saber. It's the VR game I keep coming back to, thanks to the huge amount of custom content it has. It's good cardio too.

Other than that, I finished Wonderful Everyday. It was truly awful and I'm glad I'm done with it. I'm playing Higurashi When They Cry, which so far has been what I expected. I loved its sequel so I'm expecting to enjoy it even if it's not as good as Umineko.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 5:14 am

I've been studying AD&D this week. Gotta start packing up my books soon.

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Oct 2018, 4:08 am

Bloodborne. I got further last night and today because I noticed some stairs I hadn't seen before. Now I might get to the first boss soon. :)

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 12:17 am

I just got a VR unit, and a nigh-omnipotent PC to run it. So lately, it's been alot of VR stuff for me. Still getting used to it.

But there's one game that's the core of the experience for me:

That's New Retro Arcade: Neon. All of those machines are fully active. Attract modes and all. All are interactive... I can walk (teleport) to any one of them, stand in front of it, and play it. Or I can wander the arcade, mess with other types of machines (Skee-ball, anyone?) or just pick things up and fling them around. There's a room for console games, there's Gameboys... and what really gets me is just how freaking GOOD it looks when in VR. These arcade cabinets are as close to the real thing as you can get. The only problem is that setup is tough for this program... I have to provide the roms myself. Good thing I have thousands of them... And there's quite a bit more than just feeding it roms that needs to be done for them to fully function. But when it's up and running.... it's superb.

VR has been a fantastic experience so far. Well, mostly. I'm using an Oculus Rift, and sometimes it can get a little... weird. My room is NOT meant for this kind of thing, being 99% bed, so the setup in here can make things screwy with the sensors and whatnot... they clearly dont like it. So every now and then something will get funky, like the world might suddenly tilt to the right for about half a second, that sort of thing. Doesnt happen often, but it IS still annoying when it does. And it's clear that I really need a third sensor.

But yeah, it's great fun. Heck, I could get lost just messing around with Google Earth... that by itself is amazing. Also, it gets me out of my chair and moving around alot more, so that's good. Sort of. Standing-room only right now. At least until I move this whole mess into the basement.

The main issue is getting used to it... I gotta be careful about that. Dont want to get my neck or wrists all screwed up. And I'm not really used to wearing things on my head. When used in moderation though.... fairly short sessions, and not too wild... boy is it alot of fun.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 5:49 pm

I played New Retro Arcade when it was in beta, it was a blast. If you like that, you might like 3DNesVR, a NES emulator that displays the sprites as 3D objects. Also DolphinVR, which is an offshoot of the Dolphin emulator that lets you play GameCube/Wii/N64 games in VR. Mario Kart and Star Fox are great to play in it. There's a lot of other retro styled games too, like VR ports of classic PC FPS like Doom, Quake, Heretic & Wolfenstein.

My favourite VR games have been mostly a lot of cockpit based games, like Elite Dangerous, Overload, House of the Dying Sun, Battlezone, Distance, VTOL and Ultrawings. But I also enjoy FPS games like Pavlov, Arizona Sunshine and Payday 2, with Superhot being my favourite out of that genre. I love music games, so Beat Saber and Airtone are games I often come back to. But I really am most looking forward to two games, Mechwarrior 5 and Zero Caliber. Hopefully they should both come out soon.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2018, 10:32 am

Started up Pokemon Moon again, have reached Poni Island.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2018, 12:36 pm

I finally finished Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation. Only 21 characters made it through alive.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

hifiveghost
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2018, 12:03 pm

Video/computer games: MarioKart (2008 version), Samorost 1, Samorost 2, PacXon, and of course Tetris! :D

RPG: Dungeons and Dragons

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 3:44 pm

I took a break from AD&D today to play some GBA pinball...I think the game is just called Sonic Pinball Party? It's not bad. Definitely not as bad as Pinball of the Dead :|

hifiveghost wrote:
RPG: Dungeons and Dragons

Me too! High five!

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 4:10 pm

Ultra Moon, trying to shiny hunt Kyogre

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 9:14 pm

Back on Phantasy Star.

Which reminds me, I need to check a FAQ, because I am completely stumped as to where to go next =|

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 9:18 pm

Yakuza Kiwami.

I LOVE the Yakuza games! I mean you are playing as criminals in these games but they aren't bad people at all they are actially good guys with strong morals. They only fight other criminals and they are always helping the weak.

I wish more American action games were like this.

Shinku Tora
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Nov 2018, 10:22 pm

Solely Red Dead Redemption 2 since release. Loved the first game, and though I had doubted it would be as good, it’s far exceeded at least most of my expectations.

I suppose after this I may get back to trying to get everything in The MISSING, or finish Dragon Quest XI or Castlevania Requiem.

gilding our minutes and hours;
Clouds came and covered the sun,
the breath of a baleful unease,
turning to ashes flowers in their fields,
silenced the birds in the trees.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2018, 6:40 am

Romancing SaGa 3 for Super Famicom. Japan-only release from the often forgotten SaGa series by Squaresoft. On the surface the game looks just like another Final Fantasy-type clone but it has a very different feel. The game is an open sandbox with lots of sidequests and party customization. The game has its share of problems, like doing little to direct the player or explain mechanics, but I would definitely recommend it if you are a fan of jrpg's and looking for something a bit different. Also, the sprite work is great and the music by Kenji Ito is superb.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides