Page 240 of 276 [ 4407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243 ... 276  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 3:39 pm

I just lost the better part of a weekend to this grindy little game called Graveyard Keeper, something about it really got its hooks into me.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 3:56 pm

Got an Oculus Quest 2 and am slightly obsessed with Eleven table tennis. I mean, it's ping pong. But it's super addictive.

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 8:09 pm

Playing Stellaris for the first time. I went with the communist bird-people.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 9:22 pm

Beat Oracle of Seasons the other day, not sure what to play next, that's all the Zelda games.
Kind of feeling some N64/90s nostalgia, so I've been playing a little Donkey Kong 64 (we got the game + console bundle for Christmas, 1999).

Veilmenacex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jan 2022, 11:43 pm

Destiny 2 and Far Cry 6

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 12:47 am

Since I finally have blue flags working properly I was able to do that 75 minute long race without any issues. Finally.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 6:53 am

I guess right now is Resident Evil Village. I am usually pretty chicken with horror anime, but liking of gothic horror and stuff just recently won over and I decided to actually give it a go. I actually managed to finish a first playthrough over the holidays and last week, and currently doing a new game +, I think at least till I can get an unlimited ammo weapon, it already being less stressful with stuff from the previous run, and a general idea of what will jump out. The first playthrough it always feels like you will run out to use any weapon, and that a few missed shots and taking damage could mean you are screwed.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 1:57 am

Bradleigh wrote:
I guess right now is Resident Evil Village. I am usually pretty chicken with horror anime, but liking of gothic horror and stuff just recently won over and I decided to actually give it a go. I actually managed to finish a first playthrough over the holidays and last week, and currently doing a new game +, I think at least till I can get an unlimited ammo weapon, it already being less stressful with stuff from the previous run, and a general idea of what will jump out. The first playthrough it always feels like you will run out to use any weapon, and that a few missed shots and taking damage could mean you are screwed.

Fun game, NG+ is awesome with unlimited ammo unlocked, I recommend saving up for the S.T.A.K.E., it can one shot some previously very annoying enemies and shred bosses, which honestly never gets old. There's a trick to unlocking infinite ammo early, you save your game, sell everything but the gun you're trying to unlock, fully upgrade it, then save in a different slot, you can then get the unlimited ammo from the challenge menu, reload your first save, and do it all again for a different weapon, it unlocks the perk based on having a save with that gun fully upgraded, it doesn't care if you use multiple slots to do it. Don't even bother with the sniper rifle, pistol, or shotgun, go straight for the automag and one of the assault rifles, that's all you'll ever need, you can just sell all the ammo back to the merchant.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 3:08 am

Dox47 wrote:
Fun game, NG+ is awesome with unlimited ammo unlocked, I recommend saving up for the S.T.A.K.E., it can one shot some previously very annoying enemies and shred bosses, which honestly never gets old. There's a trick to unlocking infinite ammo early, you save your game, sell everything but the gun you're trying to unlock, fully upgrade it, then save in a different slot, you can then get the unlimited ammo from the challenge menu, reload your first save, and do it all again for a different weapon, it unlocks the perk based on having a save with that gun fully upgraded, it doesn't care if you use multiple slots to do it. Don't even bother with the sniper rifle, pistol, or shotgun, go straight for the automag and one of the assault rifles, that's all you'll ever need, you can just sell all the ammo back to the merchant.

I put quite a bit money into upgrading the machine pistol you can buy in the factory, which just helped me pretty easily go through Castle Dimitrescu and the boss battle, where first time I was very anxious and had to resort to the knife to conserve ammo against a lot of enemies. Still apparently missed three windows, as I tried breaking them this time. So I at the moment think getting full auto pistol might be the plan to get its infinite ammo, as well as the second shotgun which I also put upgrades in rather than buying the third shotgun, and a shotgun can cause stumbling where the pistol can't.

Haven't really had much of a chance to use a magnum, outside of some very specific moments. I do think that I plan to exploit the save file function to make infinite ammo become available on a few guns once I have saved up enough. But I am not entirely keen on just getting a gun that will break the game, if some still reliable guns that I don't have to always worry about running out of will do. Next will be the red chimney bit, and then House Beneviento, which NG+ weapons won't help much, other than being through it before. I actually had read ahead in some guides for House Beneviento, because I wasn't going to take the particular brand of horror very well otherwise.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 6:45 am

Bradleigh wrote:
I put quite a bit money into upgrading the machine pistol you can buy in the factory, which just helped me pretty easily go through Castle Dimitrescu and the boss battle, where first time I was very anxious and had to resort to the knife to conserve ammo against a lot of enemies. Still apparently missed three windows, as I tried breaking them this time. So I at the moment think getting full auto pistol might be the plan to get its infinite ammo, as well as the second shotgun which I also put upgrades in rather than buying the third shotgun, and a shotgun can cause stumbling where the pistol can't.

Heh, I actually own that gun, a Czech VZ61, I had to laugh at it being the most powerful pistol in the game, as in reality it fires a rather anemic .32 ACP round, which is less powerful than either of the other pistols. It's pretty fun fully upgraded, but once you start getting unlimited ammo, it really drops off in usefulness, though it can be fun to use. I never could find all the windows in the castle, I got to within 1 on my easy mode run (trying to get the boss speedrun achievements), but it also doesn't give you that many points, so I wasn't too concerned. I'd really recommend against the shotgun, I got the 3rd one and fully upgraded it, and it really lacks compared to the magnum or either of the assault rifles, the rate of fire just kneecaps it, even with the knock back.

Bradleigh wrote:
Haven't really had much of a chance to use a magnum, outside of some very specific moments. I do think that I plan to exploit the save file function to make infinite ammo become available on a few guns once I have saved up enough. But I am not entirely keen on just getting a gun that will break the game, if some still reliable guns that I don't have to always worry about running out of will do.

Don't put any money into the magnum revolver, it's worse in every way compared to the automatic one, it's just a waste. I bought the AK (I think they called it the Dragoon) and the unlimited ammo for my second playthrough, and it was OP enough, but the other rifle that you can upgrade is better in the end, if a lot more expensive. It was pretty fun fighting the vampire daughters with an unlimited ammo assault rifle, just break the windows and light them up and they die, very satisfying. Don't worry about breaking the game, it's actually really fun on the higher difficulties, popping those annoying Soldat with the drill arms once in the chest and having them instantly die is always hilarious, as is popping the big black werewolf things that drag you by the leg the first time you run into one, I burst out laughing when I shot that one in the face and it just died, or the werewolf boss that's supposed to beat you in the very beginning. I'm too online, so I kept imagining him as the soyjack screaming "nooo! you're not supposed to have that weapon yet! Nooo!" while I'm going "hahaha, automag go BANG!". I'll admit, I'm easy to please sometimes.

Bradleigh wrote:
Next will be the red chimney bit, and then House Beneviento, which NG+ weapons won't help much, other than being through it before. I actually had read ahead in some guides for House Beneviento, because I wasn't going to take the particular brand of horror very well otherwise.

Uggh, that giant mutant baby is the worst, I hate that whole section of the game, it's genuinely unsettling.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 8:46 pm

I found my misplaced Tri Force Heroes cart, and started playing that again.
Also played a little bit of Four Swords Anniversary Edition today (that free DSi game), I don't remember it being so dull.
Or the first level is dull, anyway...it's mostly just chopping lots of grass and bushes, and hardly any monsters or puzzles at all.
But I guess, at least, playing it solo is a lot less annoying than Tri Force Heroes, or the original GBA version of the game (which I don't think let you play solo at all).

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 1:37 am

Project Zomboid, though I prefer the older version before the graphics overhaul.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 10:53 pm

Just finished playing Ozonia , a recently released Doom II megawad. Played it on HMP difficulty, the standard setting. I attempted to do the 'Super Secret' MAP32 on UV difficulty, but couldn't get past the final battle, which begins just after the 14:45 mark in the video below. The guy who posted the video is obviously a pretty good player, but even he seemed to be panicking a bit towards the end....

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 10:58 pm

Gotta learn this track next.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Nemesis2k7
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jan 2022, 5:04 pm

Halo : mcc

munstead
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 3:35 pm

Generally playing Skyrim, and I recently got back into Master of Magic (via Steam), reliving my teenage years!