Page 1 of 275 [ 4398 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 275  Next

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2012, 5:12 pm

I'm sorry if there is already a similar thread, I couldn't find one and I thought it'd be handy to have a place to talk about games that may not be worthy of an individual thread.

Right now I'm playing Legend of Grimrock, a throwback to classic first-person dungeon-crawlers. You control a party of four as you explore a grid-based dungeon and fight with monsters, solve puzzles and search for hidden treasures. Combat takes place in real time and involves tactics wrt manoeuvring and timing attacks. The game demands that you be cautious yet is not overly challenging (similar to Dark Souls in the demand of caution but definitely easier than that game) and the level-design is consistently excellent while evolving through later floors in such a way that it keeps your interest. Really can't recommend this enough, it's available on Steam.

e: I just realised that there is another thread like this, though I didn't see it when I made the thread so either it was a few pages back or I'm dumb. Sorry!

Last edited by Almajo88 on 08 May 2012, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

DogOfJudah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2012, 7:02 pm

Tomba!

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2012, 7:06 pm

Massive respect for Tomba, I played that game to death when I was a lil' un'... one of these days I'll have to give it a go again!

DogOfJudah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2012, 7:43 pm

I've never completed it :( I always get to the last pig then I seem to lose my save, or start Tomba!2. I'm determined this time tho

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 10:26 pm

I've been on a Wario kick recently. I played Warioware Inc on the GBA yesterday, and Shake Dimension on the Wii earlier, both good fun :D Also played some Battlefield 3 earlier, but not for long. FPS games online tend to get boring after about an hour for me, unless on the off chance someone is playing with me.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2012, 3:44 am

I'm playing though my Xbox and PS3 Shmups collection with Dark Souls on PS3 and Need For Speed Hot Pursuit on Xbox as my 'dip' games.
I haven't got the time or patience to play through games in a short period. For instance, I have 28 hours on Dark Souls in the past 4 months and I have Hot Pursuit since its release day. I also have BF3 and Gears 3 on Xbox in case mates want to play online.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2012, 8:56 am

Doing LP's of both Killer7 and Earth Defense Force 2017. In the meantime, I've gotten past one near game breaking glitch in Chrono Trigger somehow, so that's good, but now I need to find a good place to grind before I do some sidequest stuff. Also giving Borderlands one last try. Couldn't get past Sledge in my previous attempt no matter what I did, so this time I'm hoping things turn out better.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2012, 9:57 am

Playing Armored Core 5, I'm really bad at it though. I'm also replaying the whole series and have just made it to Nexus :)

DogOfJudah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2012, 9:59 am

Rock Band 3 - Need to get my shred on it's been a while ^_^

Quote:
Also giving Borderlands one last try

Yay for borderlands ! ! I love the artistic direction they went, gets so much fun when you unlock playthrough 3. Who are you using ??

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2012, 10:37 am

DogOfJudah wrote:
Quote:
Also giving Borderlands one last try

Yay for borderlands ! ! I love the artistic direction they went, gets so much fun when you unlock playthrough 3. Who are you using ??

There's a third? I thought there were only 2 playthroughs. I'm using the siren as I've already tried all the others. I do like the art style, but there's not much else I find enjoyable between having to grind a lot or relying on randomly generated weapons which feels very limiting.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

DogOfJudah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2012, 11:08 am

Well play through 2.5 (depending who ask) basically once you've done last boss of playthrough 2 all the enemies are lvl 50 you can redo all the bosses and they're lvl 51, no quests unfortunately they cut it due to time restrictions or something.

This makes the underdome insanely hard too (if you have the dlc), which I don't even think is possible on 1 player ^_^ maybe my weapons just suck...

I never liked Siren, I felt her Special skill was too underpowered compared to the others and Mordecai with his pigeon thing was just useless.
I always played as Roland as I prefer to tank/run and gun, and his turret makes a good place to restore health when there's no cover.

I know what you mean about the random gun spawns tho ¬_¬ Lost count the amount of times I ran around New Haven/ Crimson Fastness to save then load and do it again on the hope I might get a decent gun..

charlesshutt12
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2012, 11:40 pm

Guitar Hero III : Legend of Rock :)
been one of my favorites.

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 7:50 am

Domination on Black ops.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 11:30 am

The original Super Smash Bros., Command and Conquer Red Alert 2, Mass Effect 2 and Assassin's Creed (the first)

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 2:20 pm

The Secret World in a couple of hours.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 5:54 pm

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. I've been an adventure game fan for a long time and I think this might just be one of the best I've played...controls are a bit wacky but everything else is incredibly well done. Can't wait for the sequel!