Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jasmine90
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jun 2012, 11:00 pm

I've always been a quiet speaker around strangers, or just people I know, but not well.

I remember at school, I practised a speech I had to give the next day. I practised for hours because I knew I always talked too quietly and too fast for people to understand me.

So the next day I went to school, did my speech and felt so proud of myself until the teacher said: "Can you please speak up and slow down?" :roll:

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 11:08 pm

Yes I tend to get too loud at times especially when I'm excited about something, I do try and not talk too loud when I'm out and about its hard to remember sometimes, or if I'm on the phone I don't want to be too loud in the other person's ear.

nikkiDT
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jun 2012, 5:14 am

My brother once described my voice as a "loud mumble". People often tell me to speak up during conversations. When I'm annnoyed, frustrated or upset, I raise my voice without meaning to.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 8:30 am

Apparently I only have two settings: too loud, and too quiet. My volume is more regulated by emotion than by social practicality.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

mmonroe
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jun 2012, 9:04 pm

My voice always get louder when I'm excited (especially when talking about my special interests) and I often catch myself yelling or almost yelling. And often times my husband asks me why I'm whispering, even though I think I'm speaking at a 'normal' level. It can be very confusing at times, because I don't know how to remember to regulate my voice before it gets too loud or too quiet. I'm too busy reacting to whatever is going on around me.

mmonroe

22 Jun 2012, 9:05 pm

My voice always get louder when I'm excited (especially when talking about my special interests) and I often catch myself yelling or almost yelling. And often times my husband asks me why I'm whispering, even though I think I'm speaking at a 'normal' level. It can be very confusing at times, because I don't know how to remember to regulate my voice before it gets too loud or too quiet. I'm too busy reacting to whatever is going on around me.

Bunnynose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jun 2012, 9:35 pm

No, I don't have this problem of not being aurally cognizant. Probably because I've always had a very good ear and I learned to value the art of listening. Also helps that I'm musically inclined, have been told many times I have a lovely singing voice, can mimic sounds and voices, even songbirds, and am one terrific whistler too.

Also as a musician and singer, I've used microphones. Those tools are pretty neat to play with. As a church lector, I learned to emphasize my phrasing.

Haven't taken any theater acting classes but I do understand the value and sometimes utter just for fun stage whispers.