Clothes you find attractive on men / women

Page 4 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2012, 7:28 am

NeueZiel wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Also I think this is a thread about clothes we like on people we like, not what people have to wear for us to like them.

You know what I really react poorly to? Men wearing scarves. It just screams self-serious acting/art student / possible hipster, a type I have a serious negative connotation with.
Also fedoras (esp. woven), it's a shame because it used to be such a sharp look, but they've been douchified in my mind permanently.

As an avid scarf lover I have to agree with you here. I think a scarf is GLORIOUS on a girl, I think it looks cool as hell in comic books and anime but when I see a real dude wearing one it just looks really bad. I've considered buying scarves before but I just do not think it would look good at all on me unless I lost a ton of weight so I was very very skinny. I think a lot of stylish cool things just don't look good on the majority of people, mainly males. THAT'S MY SUBJECTIVE OPINION BEFORE YOU CRUCIFY ME FOR BEING SHALLOW.

Honestly, I will instantly hate someone if I see them wearing a fedora. They are stupid and ugly (in my opinion).

IKR it's so silly but I have such an intense emotional reaction to those hats, it's like they automatically make the wearer look smug and stupid at the same time and I wanna smack it off their head.
This thread is all subjective opinions. As long as we're talking about the clothes and not the people in them I don't think anyone is going to hire a carpenter.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2012, 7:37 am

soutthpaw wrote:
Weiss_Yohji wrote:
Solvejg wrote:
I like men in geeky tshirts, a zip up jumper or hoody, normal semi baggy mens jeans and converse.

I like women to wear the same. 8)

Jumpers =/= men's wear. We don't wear dresses unless we're drag queens, gay, trans, or Scottish (At least they have kilts).

Jumper is the same as a Sweater in the UK and probably other countries. depends where the OP is from.. Thought a Cardigan is a zip up sweater if I remember correctly

A "jumper" in USA is the same as a "pinafore" in the UK and Aus/NZ, I think. "Jumper" in the UK is what we call a pullover sweater in the US.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2012, 8:22 am

ZX_SpectrumDisorder wrote:

Ah, yes, say what you will about a LBD (little black dress), there's nothing quite like rocking a LRD. 8)

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2012, 9:01 am

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
You know what I really react poorly to? Men wearing scarves. It just screams self-serious acting/art student / possible hipster, a type I have a serious negative connotation with.
Also fedoras (esp. woven), it's a shame because it used to be such a sharp look, but they've been douchified in my mind permanently.

My own view is that there's nowt to beat a chap in a nice muffler though. Point taken about the "over-the-shoulder" scarves though. Mind you nearly everything is like that with me.........fashion can be so tiresome.

9of47
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 May 2012, 8:01 am

If it
a) suits them
b) clean
c) in a decent condition
d) they feel comfortable in it
e)they don't look like a douche/emo/hipster
I really don't mind what they wear.

That means that depending on the guy I'd find either casual clothes, a nice shirt or a metal tee attractive.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 8:25 am

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:

I wear a scarf when I have to spend a lot of time in the cold in winter. Else, my neck is more vulnerable to the cold, which is getting more extreme in recent years, with people actually freezing to death here in week-long freezes with snow storms where we used to have a temperature slightly above freezing and rain. Personally, I think fedoras are a bit too popular for their added value. I wear my own type of hats - though, nowhere near as odd as the ones my father wears.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 10:18 am

On women: buttoned shirts.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 10:20 am

Uprising wrote:

Yeah, they're much better unbuttoned ;)

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 11:03 am

JanuaryMan wrote:
Uprising wrote:

Yeah, they're much better unbuttoned ;)

On my floor.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 4:18 pm

Black. It just makes a man look amazing. That, and stylish messy hair. And, vampires are sexy.

The first link won't show as a picture, so here it is: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_z2KTCnsL_w8/S ... kiefer.jpg

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 4:28 pm

HisDivineMajesty wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:

I wear a scarf when I have to spend a lot of time in the cold in winter. Else, my neck is more vulnerable to the cold, which is getting more extreme in recent years, with people actually freezing to death here in week-long freezes with snow storms where we used to have a temperature slightly above freezing and rain. Personally, I think fedoras are a bit too popular for their added value. I wear my own type of hats - though, nowhere near as odd as the ones my father wears.

Right, when it's appropriate outerwear they don't standout to me, it's when they're worn for "fashion" especially with short sleeves that I recoil.
Hats are tough to pull off in general, some kinds are nearly always awful, but when it's right it's right.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

DogOfJudah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2012, 6:36 pm

Something else I remembered I like

Women who steal your boxers and a shirt/t shirt for sleeping in always look cute as hell especially when your shirts drown them XD.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 6:38 pm

DogOfJudah wrote:
Something else I remembered I like

Women who steal your boxers and a shirt/t shirt for sleeping in always look cute as hell especially when your shirts drown them XD.

Why does that look cute? I honestly want to know why, because I've never understood it.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 7:09 pm

I like boyshorts and short boxers on women. Those high socks are also neat. :P

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 7:13 pm

I actually find professional clothing on women to be very attractive. I don't know, I just like do.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 7:18 pm

Homer_Bob wrote:
I actually find professional clothing on women to be very attractive. I don't know, I just like do.

What do you mean by professional? Suits and knots, or uniforms that indicate some specific profession, like policewoman or nurse?