Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 9:34 am

So after watching Avengers I went DVD Marvel crazy and got Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America. I had a question about Thor. I didn't really get into this hero until Avengers. What's with the hammer? Also how come Loki looks like a human rather than a Frost Giant? His dad is actually the king of Frost Giants.

Speaking of other Marvel comic book movies, I didn't know that Blade was one. I don't recall though seeing that Marvel flipping part in beginning of movie. I don't know how to describe it other than it looks like flipping pages. They did this for Thor and Iron Man.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

TheHearthsKeeper
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 May 2012, 12:45 pm

Thor and Loki are mythological beings found in Old Norse Mythology. Thor's hammer is called Mjölnir and he uses it as a weapon to cause thunder storms and he ends up killing the serpent Jörmungandr with it - an evil Serpent who is an enemy of the Norse Gods.

And as for Loki well, he was always been humanish looking, even in the Norse Myths.

If you want to know more about Thor then search “Eddas” on Google and you'll discover where this marvel hero comes from.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 2:36 pm

Thanks. Someone told me that it gets explained in Thor why Loki looks human.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 4:06 pm

Odin made Loki look human.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2012, 7:15 am

Ah ok thanks :) I never watched Thor in theaters and just got it on DVD few days ago and watched it for the first time.
So that answered my question. I do remember the temple scene when Loki was a baby. When Odin touched him he became more human looking. I was wondering about all that since Loki's dad is a Frost Giant and the king of the Frost Giants. I thought maybe Loki's mom wasn't Frost Giant, but does the comics explain where Loki's mom is from?

I had a question. At the end when Loki and Thor are fighting, Loki falls, but where?? Thor breaks the bridge, so that means no one can leave or enter Ascard? He did that so that Loki can't harm other worlds? So how can Thor come back to Earth to be with his Jane? :( Or does Jane come to Ascard and become queen? I only got into Thor due to Avengers.

So each Ascardian has some power?
Volstagg, Hogun, Fandral, Sif all have specific powers?

Is Hogun supposed to be Asian even in the comics?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2012, 11:26 am

CSBurks wrote:
Odin made Loki look human.

On top of that, the inhuman appearance of the Frost Giants was an addition to the movie; while in mythology and Marvel Comics, they just looked like gigantic humans. According to Marvel, Loki was hidden away by his real father out of shame for his small size.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2012, 1:30 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
Ah ok thanks :) I never watched Thor in theaters and just got it on DVD few days ago and watched it for the first time.
So that answered my question. I do remember the temple scene when Loki was a baby. When Odin touched him he became more human looking. I was wondering about all that since Loki's dad is a Frost Giant and the king of the Frost Giants. I thought maybe Loki's mom wasn't Frost Giant, but does the comics explain where Loki's mom is from?

I had a question. At the end when Loki and Thor are fighting, Loki falls, but where?? Thor breaks the bridge, so that means no one can leave or enter Ascard? He did that so that Loki can't harm other worlds? So how can Thor come back to Earth to be with his Jane? :( Or does Jane come to Ascard and become queen? I only got into Thor due to Avengers.

So each Ascardian has some power?
Volstagg, Hogun, Fandral, Sif all have specific powers?

Is Hogun supposed to be Asian even in the comics?

^^ Greetings luvsterriers,

I do hope that I may help. I believe that Thor breaks the bridge as I believe that he happily wished to remove the Bifrost so that this may not destroy Jotunheim (realm of the Frost Giants). I am very sorry if I am incorrect.

In addition, I believe that happy Odin uses a very large amount of his own power to send Thor to Earth within The Avengers as I believe that Loki refers to this. However I do not believe that this is explained in very large amount detail.

I am very sorry that I am not very helpful.