Study predicts 42 percent of Americans will be obese in 2030

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 4:04 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I know this study doesn't apply to me. I'm Canadian. :roll:
And I'm sorry to say our eating and exercise habits aren't much better than Americans. :(

And for the same reasons. Food is plentiful and relatively inexpensive and the prevailing work modes do not require much muscular exertion.

When north americans lived mostly on the land and had to hack away trees and plow the ground, they didn't get too plump.

ruveyn

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 10:37 am

Not sure if this is relevant here. About PE in schools. I hear that most high schools these days don't require PE. I had to do it for my freshman and sophomore years. The other high school I went to only required freshman year. But now it's option to take PE? For instance my cousin attends a private school and she's in 6th grade school which is considered junior high, but she gets PE only 45 min on Mondays only. I had to do PE Mon through Fri for an hour in middle school.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 10:56 am

luvsterriers wrote:
Not sure if this is relevant here. About PE in schools. I hear that most high schools these days don't require PE. I had to do it for my freshman and sophomore years. The other high school I went to only required freshman year. But now it's option to take PE? For instance my cousin attends a private school and she's in 6th grade school which is considered junior high, but she gets PE only 45 min on Mondays only. I had to do PE Mon through Fri for an hour in middle school.

It's mostly a cost cutting measure. Arts are being cut out, along with hand writing.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 11:04 am

Music too? I think I had to do 2 years of music.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)