Page 22 of 22 [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Rainy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jun 2012, 4:29 am

Joker wrote:
Also England and Britian only have themself to blame for such a group. That is what 800 years of oppression can do to you.

The mindset of a terrorist.

HereComesTheRain
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jun 2012, 9:36 am

Quote:

I'm gonna wrap up my part of it with this:
As a whole they are a group we shouldn't be turning our backs on even if they are US citizens.
If they are not US citizens with no specific reason to be here they need to be going home or somewhere else even if at bayonet point.
Islam is not a western friendly religion and their track record in the US and abroad speaks for itself.
That's my position on this and will continue to be.

Agreed. Most of the people on this forum are white, liberal and live in western countries, and feel they're doing the right thing by sticking up for these minorities. However, being a brown person who's actually had family see this stuff first hand and who has actually lived amongst people who were brown and lived in a non-western country, I can give you a different perspective. Islam is violent. Very violent. This religion is only peaceful when the practitioners are in the minority. When they're in the majority, they will persecute people to no ends when it's convenient. They seek countries which have lax laws on censorship and religious speech in order to promote some of their more extremist views. Islam is always introduced to a nation by the end of a sword by way of invasion or by an immigration-outbreeding program. It's in their culture. They've done it in every country they've moved into. I'm all for civil liberties and all, but some philosophies simply cannot mesh into a free society and should be watched closely because they could destroy a free, integrated society. Fundamentalist Islam is one of them.

Oh, and most Muslim youth freaking HATE the fundies and think they're killjoys. There's nothing they want more than to integrate in regular society. It almost happened too, but then a little thing called 9/11 happened and the Muslim-American leaders were remarkably silent after 9/11.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 12:41 pm

HereComesTheRain wrote:

Oh, and most Muslim youth freaking HATE the fundies and think they're killjoys. There's nothing they want more than to integrate in regular society. It almost happened too, but then a little thing called 9/11 happened and the Muslim-American leaders were remarkably silent after 9/11.

From a PR p.o.v. that silence was a big, big mistake. The American Muslim community lost a great opportunity to distance themselves from the Jihadist crazies.. American Jews would not have made that error.

ruveyn

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 12:45 pm

Rainy wrote:
Joker wrote:
Also England and Britian only have themself to blame for such a group. That is what 800 years of oppression can do to you.

The mindset of a terrorist.

Danke :wink: you know nothing about the oppression we faced. The English and British call the IRA terrorists when. It was the English and British terrorizing Irleand for 800 years. So who was the real terrorist Rain Rain go away.

HereComesTheRain
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jun 2012, 1:24 pm

Quote:
From a PR p.o.v. that silence was a big, big mistake. The American Muslim community lost a great opportunity to distance themselves from the Jihadist crazies.. American Jews would not have made that error.

Agreed. Think of all the lives which would have been made better if the imams had a pair. It's hard to find a job if you're Muslim where I live, because these balless wonders who called themselves "imams" were too stupid to say "Not in my name".

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 5:48 pm

Joker wrote:
[

Danke :wink: you know nothing about the oppression we faced. The English and British call the IRA terrorists when. It was the English and British terrorizing Irleand for 800 years. So who was the real terrorist Rain Rain go away.

The British oppressed Ireland for 800, not terrorized it. Real terrorism was invented by the Muslims. The order of the assassins were the worlds first organized terrorists. Islam has the dubious distinction of doing terror in the most horrid manner although the Spanish Catholics did outstanding in that field during the time of the Holy Inquisition in Spain.

ruveyn