Page 20 of 22 [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 12:31 am

Raptor wrote:
Lots of F-bombs, false accusations, and what you and a few others would call "attacks" if they were aimed at you. Do you feel better now?
And there's nothing for me to thinly or thickly veil, sport. Things are what they are and more people are starting to see things for what they are, not what they should be.
If I had been born over there maybe I would be a jihadist. I’d rather be a jihadist any day than like some sniveling liberal whiners I’ve had to deal with and I’m naming anyone.

Yes, being a war monger makes you "hard and macho" unlike "sniveling liberal whiners". That's the conservative mentality, think with your dick.

Quote:
Quote:
In other words, facts don't matter to you. The facts are molded as needed to support the need for blood and the restoring of national honor through war. We were attacked on 9/11 and by god it was them towel-heads who done it! We now need to beat our chest and restore our honer by bombing the sh** out of the most convenient towel-head dictator available!

Your facts or mine? There seems to be two kinds of facts on just about anything, depending.
More rantings after that but now you go as far as racial slurs against Arabs with the "towel head" comment that I DID NOT say in anything I wrote.

Two kinds of facts? Why are you suddenly going all post-modern on me? I thought conservatives didn't like that wishy/washy "there is more than one truth" relativism crap.

Quote:
BTW, it’s spelled honor.

Pointing out typos is a pretty good sign that you have nothing more important to say.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 1:07 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

At least you have conceded it's wrong to take any action against Muslim Americans as a group, and that's a start.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Ponder this quote from the motion picture -A Man for All Seasons-

William Roper: So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!
Sir Thomas More: Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?
William Roper: Yes, I'd cut down every law in England to do that!
Sir Thomas More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down, and you're just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 1:12 am

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

At least you have conceded it's wrong to take any action against Muslim Americans as a group, and that's a start.

Ponder this quote from the motion picture -A Man for All Seasons-

William Roper: So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!
Sir Thomas More: Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?
William Roper: Yes, I'd cut down every law in England to do that!
Sir Thomas More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down, and you're just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!

I shall ponder it.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 7:31 am

marshall wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Lots of F-bombs, false accusations, and what you and a few others would call "attacks" if they were aimed at you. Do you feel better now?
And there's nothing for me to thinly or thickly veil, sport. Things are what they are and more people are starting to see things for what they are, not what they should be.
If I had been born over there maybe I would be a jihadist. I’d rather be a jihadist any day than like some sniveling liberal whiners I’ve had to deal with and I’m naming anyone.

Yes, being a war monger makes you "hard and macho" unlike "sniveling liberal whiners". That's the conservative mentality, think with your dick.

Quote:
Quote:
In other words, facts don't matter to you. The facts are molded as needed to support the need for blood and the restoring of national honor through war. We were attacked on 9/11 and by god it was them towel-heads who done it! We now need to beat our chest and restore our honer by bombing the sh** out of the most convenient towel-head dictator available!

Your facts or mine? There seems to be two kinds of facts on just about anything, depending.
More rantings after that but now you go as far as racial slurs against Arabs with the "towel head" comment that I DID NOT say in anything I wrote.

Two kinds of facts? Why are you suddenly going all post-modern on me? I thought conservatives didn't like that wishy/washy "there is more than one truth" relativism crap.

Quote:
BTW, it’s spelled honor.

Pointing out typos is a pretty good sign that you have nothing more important to say.

Quote:

And if I were a liberal all I'd have to think with is my bitter and misguided little heart.

Quote:
Pointing out typos is a pretty good sign that you have nothing more important to say

I certainly haven't seen you say anything important.

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 7:58 am

Raptor wrote:
marshall wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Back to Islam: Here you have a religion :roll: that condones (and in some countries actually DOES) whipping of women and killing of gays for excercising rights that you all claim to beleive so strongly in.
I find it a bit ironic how you all can screech so loudly about how mean and intolerant the tea party and republicans are on one hand yet bend over backwards to protect the "rights of a religion that openly preaches and condones hate and intolerance.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
What the hell does opposing the US's unprovoked invasion of Iraq have to do with defending Islam? I would oppose such a war regardless of what religion Iraqi's happened to follow.

That you are so quick to focus on the fact that Iraq is Muslim is disturbing. You think the lives of Muslims are more expendable because they are so backwards right? Well, what if someone decided American lives were expendable because our country is backwards? What do you think we should do about all those mean and intolerant Muslims? Declare war on all Muslim countries and throw all American Muslims into internment camps? Do you think that will cause followers of Islam to embrace tolerance and secular democracy?

Quote:
What the hell does opposing the US's unprovoked invasion of Iraq have to do with defending Islam?

Not everyone has swallowed the convenient story about the invasion of Iraq being un-provoked. We should have waited for Iraq to actually use their WMD's and use that for justification to invade.

I don't see the logic on this. The gouvernment of Hussein was basically secular. Islamists came to power precisely after (and because) the invasion.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 12:27 pm

That's absolutely correct. The notion that there was some sort of Islamic terrorist connection was entirely a fiction created by the Bush administration. Even that bloviating ignoramus Donald Trump has enough sense to know Saddam killed terrorists in his country.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 12:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
That's absolutely correct. The notion that there was some sort of Islamic terrorist connection was entirely a fiction created by the Bush administration. Even that bloviating ignoramus Donald Trump has enough sense to know Saddam killed terrorists in his country.

Sadam's regime was terror itself. Don't take my word, just ask the Kurds....

JWC
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 1:06 pm

the Kurd is the word.

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 1:23 pm

JWC wrote:
the Kurd is the word.

Kurds are muslim. They were not attacked because religious reasons but because political/racial/cultural ones. Indeed, Kurds are much more religious than the former political party that governed Iraq in times of SH.

I just don't see the logic behind accusing of islamism a secular gouvernment and pointing as evidence the genocide of a ethnic group that is much more islamic than this gouvernment.

I used to see this kind of reasoning (in case there's a reasoning) in NT political forums. I'm surprised of seeing it in a asperger forum, when one of the asperger advantadges is supposed to be an exquisite use of logic.

JWC
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 1:32 pm

Greb wrote:
JWC wrote:
the Kurd is the word.

Kurds are muslim. They were not attacked because religious reasons but because political/racial/cultural ones. Indeed, Kurds are much more religious than the former political party that governed Iraq in times of SH.

I just don't see the logic behind accusing of islamism a secular gouvernment and pointing as evidence the genocide of a ethnic group that is much more islamic than this gouvernment.

I used to see this kind of reasoning (in case there's a reasoning) in NT political forums. I'm surprised of seeing it in a asperger forum, when one of the asperger advantadges is supposed to be an exquisite use of logic.

It was a joke. Have fun untying the knot in your panties! :D

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 1:40 pm

Greb wrote:
JWC wrote:
the Kurd is the word.

The thing is, this whole American conservative hullabaloo over Islam has little to do with religion itself. It is essentially a racial conflict; they use Islam as a veil for their racism against Middle Easterners.

Of course Christianity and Judaism had Middle Eastern roots just like Islam, but unlike Islam they've expanded into Europe and so are commonly perceived as Western and white. I don't think it's coincidence that Jesus and Moses are popularly portrayed in Western cartoons as white Greco-Romans whereas Muhammad is typically represented as a brown-skinned Arabian.

JWC
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 1:43 pm

BrandonSP wrote:
Of course Christianity and Judaism had Middle Eastern roots just like Islam, but unlike Islam they've expanded into Europe and so are commonly perceived as Western and white. I don't think it's coincidence that Jesus and Moses are popularly portrayed in Western cartoons as white Greco-Romans whereas Muhammad is typically represented as a brown-skinned Arabian.

:lmao:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 1:59 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I think you know I'm talking about terrorist organizations that threatened Americans, Israelis, and other other allies.

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 2:00 pm

BrandonSP wrote:
Greb wrote:
JWC wrote:
the Kurd is the word.

The thing is, this whole American conservative hullabaloo over Islam has little to do with religion itself. It is essentially a racial conflict; they use Islam as a veil for their racism against Middle Easterners.

It's very speculative to make a statement about what other people think, besides being very close to unfairness: you state what other people think, something that the other person can't prove it't false. Statements should be confined to what can be evidenced, specially if this involves other people's thoughts or supposed real intentions.

By the way, JC is not often represented as Greco-Roman. Usual look in paintings is north-european, that he's clearly not. Taking into account that painting art was developped mainly in the north of Europe from Renaissance on it can be explained as a painters drawing JC as belonging to their same ethnic group.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 2:10 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I think you know I'm talking about terrorist organizations that threatened Americans, Israelis, and other other allies.

If Iraq weren't part of your beloved Islamic world you would have screamed outrage over sadam's campaign against the Kurds. I guess anything goes as long as the perpetrators pray with their butts in the air.....

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 3:38 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

If Iraq weren't part of your beloved Islamic world you would have screamed outrage over sadam's campaign against the Kurds. I guess anything goes as long as the perpetrators pray with their butts in the air.....

Beloved Islamic world? Ask ruveyn, and he'll tell you that I'm partial to German Lutherans.
Incidentally, I am in no way a defender of Saddam Husein, and the world is doubtlessly better now that he's gone. But considering the cost to our country regarding removing him from power, and that the Bush administration had to lie to get us into a second Gulf War, I think I and others are more than justified in being critical.
By the way, most Kurds are Muslims, too.