Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 8:03 pm

Another woman said to me, "I never get period pains."

Grr. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Alicorn
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Nov 2006, 8:14 pm

Don't tell a girl you can smell it either... oy vey!

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 8:46 pm

ping-machine wrote:
Another woman said to me, "I never get period pains."

Grr. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Lucky her, my period comes with extremely painful cramping... not fun.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 9:28 pm

Disclaimer: It is not my intent to promote use of an illegal substance. You do so at your own risk.

I've had a couple of former girlfriends, my ex-wife and my now-wife all tell me that smoking half a joint seriously reduced or completely eliminated their cramps/pain long enough for them to relax enough to get some sleep. I've also found it effective on my own muscle cramps (legs, back) as well.

And a personal note from me: Sorry you guys have to go through this crap. This is proof that "God" is male. No woman would've designed such an inefficient and painful system.

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 9:42 pm

Marijuana used to used during a woman's labor to ease the pain of contractions... but obviously now that's not possible.

r_mc
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2006, 9:57 am

diseased wrote:
Disclaimer: It is not my intent to promote use of an illegal substance. You do so at your own risk.

I've had a couple of former girlfriends, my ex-wife and my now-wife all tell me that smoking half a joint seriously reduced or completely eliminated their cramps/pain long enough for them to relax enough to get some sleep. I've also found it effective on my own muscle cramps (legs, back) as well.

It's a very effective remedy, have used it myself and I found that even the morning after I'd had the smoke the pain was significantly reduced.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2006, 12:45 am

One reason I'm on birth control pills is that they make my periods less painful than they would normally be. My cramps were so bad that I needed ibuprofen and a heating pad at night.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2006, 1:42 am

Wow marijuana is good for everything :P

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2006, 8:40 am

People who refuse to take you seriously when you're "pre-menstrual" are very annoying to deal with. They will say if you are angry about something, "are you about to have your period?" They don't think that although having PMS makes the anger come to the surface more, there is a real issue that needs to be sorted out and not just dismissed as "hormones".

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2006, 3:00 am

Yeah. And people who say that PMS doesn't exist and that it's all just social anxiety piss me off too.

And isn't it the worst thing being pre menstrual in a house full of other pre menstrual women?

Miss_Bluesky
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Dec 2006, 9:47 am

at least it's not spiders :)

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2006, 2:00 pm

bizarre wrote:
Wow marijuana is good for everything :P

Apparently, add menstruating to the list

Tangerine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Dec 2006, 2:25 pm

Queen Victoria's menstrual cramps were treated with marijuana by her doctor.

I get such severe cramps that no OTC painkillers will relieve them, and I'm usually up ALL night on the first day of my period. Whimpering in the foetal position, no less. Cannabis helps, but usually just enough to get me to sleep, not relieve the pain entirely. (I also get back and bowel pain, etc.)

I'm extremely jealous of the woman who said, "I never get period pains." :evil:

ooohprettycolors
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2006, 8:16 pm

i used to get them so bad i would lose consciousness, and that was on prescription pain meds. (there is nothing physically wrong with me either). i'd stay home from school all day screaming in agony begging my mom to call the doctor to give me morphine and muttering gibberish like prayers, although i'm not really religious. once i blacked out while driving. i was ok. After that, it was decided i needed birth control. it helps sooo much. no more pain! i highly recommend birth control, even if you don't need to control birth...er..prevent conception (silly word choice on the part of the manufacturers don't you think?).

but yeah, people don't seem to understand it. in high school i could feel them coming on and go to the nurse, say i needed to go home. she'd say, "well just wait a little bit and see if they go away." Yeah right! I'm going to pas out on your conrete floor lady, if you don't call my mom right now!

anyway, i feel your pain. get the pill. seriously!

EvaBird
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Dec 2006, 3:38 am

I too get shocking pains, but not as bad as prettycolors...holy hell thats extreme blacking out! mine occasionally keep me off work for a day, and can only be kept at bay with coediene. Things improved greatly when I started taking magnesium ... I was very depleted in this mineral.

The fellas were I work (I'm the only female) are cool about female stuff , as is my husband. I'l mention in passing I'm pre menstral all he says is ...'should I be afraid?' !

EB

Chrisesmom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2006, 1:31 pm

I get really bad cramps as well and usually spend a day in bed where I can not even stand up straight long enough to fix myself something to eat. I find lots of ibuprofen and lots of wine helps. The only problem with that is I can only do that at night since I do not want to spend my whole day drinking and getting tipsy. So I spend the day in agony, which for the most part makes me pretty cranky in and of itself, but at least the wine gets me through the night and helps me sleep also the next day I find the cramps are more bearable so ibuprofen alone is enough. They say the wine thins the blood therefore reducing clotting.