Things you never say about that women's issue

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2007, 9:40 pm

diseased wrote:
Disclaimer: It is not my intent to promote use of an illegal substance. You do so at your own risk.

I've had a couple of former girlfriends, my ex-wife and my now-wife all tell me that smoking half a joint seriously reduced or completely eliminated their cramps/pain long enough for them to relax enough to get some sleep.

See now, if the people who want to legalize marijuana used this as an argument, they'd have a lot of women on their side.

As for me, I get rather severe cramps (though not as bad as prettycolors - how awful!), where I'll spend most of the day curled up in a ball. Even after my period is over, I'll still have cramps for a few days. Midol and the likes don't work for me.

Three years!

jonathandoors
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jan 2007, 12:25 am

ping-machine wrote:
Yeah. And people who say that PMS doesn't exist and that it's all just social anxiety piss me off too.

And isn't it the worst thing being pre menstrual in a house full of other pre menstrual women?

being in a house full of young attractive women sounds like paradise to me :D

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2007, 9:20 am

jonathandoors wrote:
ping-machine wrote:
Yeah. And people who say that PMS doesn't exist and that it's all just social anxiety piss me off too.

And isn't it the worst thing being pre menstrual in a house full of other pre menstrual women?

If being in a house full of pre-menstrual women sounds like paradise, you've got some twisted sense of paradise... of course, men wouldn't ever get the concept that we go through this once a month and it's not a day in the park... of course, I highly doubt men could fully reason it out even if we could explain it to them. Just my thoughts honestly. Of course, being a woman in a house with three other males is no fun when you have PMS either. It seems that is the time all three of them choose to irritate me the most.

jonathandoors
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jan 2007, 10:52 am

MishLuvsHer2Boys wrote:
jonathandoors wrote:
ping-machine wrote:

If being in a house full of pre-menstrual women sounds like paradise, you've got some twisted sense of paradise... of course, men wouldn't ever get the concept that we go through this once a month and it's not a day in the park... of course, I highly doubt men could fully reason it out even if we could explain it to them. Just my thoughts honestly. Of course, being a woman in a house with three other males is no fun when you have PMS either. It seems that is the time all three of them choose to irritate me the most.

I've only lived with men in college, not women. And yes I play video games and order pizza. Dorms only allow for same-sex roomates. I am curious as to what it would be like to live in a sorority house with attractive women, walking around in their undies and what not. PMS is a small price to pay.

kyethra
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2007, 6:05 pm

Living with a lot more men than women can help decrease the severity of a period. I spent a year living in a house where there were two other females and 8 guys. I swear it worked- when I moved into an apartment with all females, my cramps got worse again. There is science to back this up, but I don't remember all of it.

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2007, 9:28 pm

IF A WOMEN GETS CRAMPS WITH HER PERIODS THEN THAT MEANS SOMETHING IS WRONG!! !! It's true, yeah I took pain killers and the endometriosis thats caused the pain continued to attack my insides, both tumors, one in particular,that was also responsible for my cramping continued to get larger. Major surgery that could have been avoided, was done. I still have my right ovary and falopian tube but the left side was removed, and I had a myomectomy to remove the tumor that was so large that if I want to have children again I'd have to have a C-Section. Ladies...find out why the cramping and don't let the Doctor say it's just hormonal. thats what I was told, and that was not true. That would never be said to a man if his private area hurt as much as our cramping does. And by the way....I'm healthy,pain free, and on no pain killers whatsoever.

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 1:49 am

jonathandoors wrote:
I've only lived with men in college, not women. And yes I play video games and order pizza. Dorms only allow for same-sex roomates. I am curious as to what it would be like to live in a sorority house with attractive women, walking around in their undies and what not. PMS is a small price to pay.

:twisted: :twisted: OH, YEAH??? :twisted: :twisted:

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 4:20 am

jonathandoors wrote:

I lived in an entirely female dormitory, and none of us walked around the halls in our underwear. The least anyone was seen in in the hall was a bathrobe, but for the most part we'd get dressed in the bathrooms. The female dorms had private bathrooms.

And by finals it seemed that most of the women in my dorm were menstruating in unison...I doubt a man would mix well with that.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 4:53 am

Immortal wrote:
jonathandoors wrote:

I lived in an entirely female dormitory, and none of us walked around the halls in our underwear. The least anyone was seen in in the hall was a bathrobe, but for the most part we'd get dressed in the bathrooms. The female dorms had private bathrooms.

And by finals it seemed that most of the women in my dorm were menstruating in unison...I doubt a man would mix well with that.

As long as there isn't some dude who walks in on me while I'm trying to get dressed out of the show I'll put up with daily, nonstop PMS.

blue77
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jan 2007, 8:51 pm

I rarely get any cramps at all. _Unless_ I have not been remembering to buy milk. When there is milk in my fridge I will typically drink at least 2 tall glasses a day.

I've tried tums (to see if it's calcium I'm needing) but that seemed to have no effect on me.

I've had the best results when I've kept up milk drinking a full week before the period, as well as during.

Good luck ladies.

DogDancer
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jan 2007, 3:05 pm

Hi, all.

Sooo sorry for all the pains. :-( I've been lucky. Got a fairly high tolerance for pain but haven't had to deal with anything like some of you have. Used to get pretty strong low back cramps when I was younger. As I got older, starting in late 20s, cramps seemed to be more in front, less spasm-y, but sharper. I do notice more PMS than when I was younger re mood and fatigue. Sometimes I'm so exhausted the night before/first night that I pretty much pass out as I hit the bed. (usually I'm insomniac!)

My main issue tied to hormones is MIGRAINE. Ack. Even looking at the word hurts. I get bad ones several times a year, and it's invariably within a few days of period onset, usually right before. Sister in law is the same -- cyclic migraines.

DD
P.S. To our horny young male friends, when you do have a gfriend/wife/daughters, you will learn just how much bad PMS is NOT sexy/fun to be around. Since most of you are good natured, prepare to feel sympathetic and a little helpless (which you don't like). However, there's always an upside: sleeping regularly next to a male partner has been shown to regulate women's cycles! So -- there's another argument in your love arsenal -- it's good for your health, baby. :-)

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 3:09 am

Immortal wrote:
jonathandoors wrote:

It's strange when women end up menstruating at the same time like that. Me and my mothers cycle used to be in unison too.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 4:49 pm

blue_bean wrote:
Immortal wrote:
jonathandoors wrote:

It's strange when women end up menstruating at the same time like that. Me and my mothers cycle used to be in unison too.

There's actually science behind that (I forget exactly what though). If women live together for long enough, their cycles start to go in (or close to) unison. So instead of having one cranky woman at a time, you get mulitples. :)

Three years!

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 4:30 pm

Oh man, I get really bad cramps...not fun because I have ectopic heartbeats (very uncomfortable) induced by ibuprofen! So it's panadol and a few nights spent whimpering for me... :(

But the funny thing is, I don't get PMS. I am a little more touchy during my period (I'm a naturally angry person, piss me off and you get pwnd. I just blast people a little quicker than usual during that time of the month because dude...I'm in pain and feel like arse!)...but no specifically irrational moods. Just a shorter tolerance for stupidity.

Oh yes, the hormone thing. My boyfriend made the mistake of blaming it on hormones (in the nicest of ways, he doesn't have a malicious bone in his body when it comes to these sorts of things) and got a good sarcastic blast from me. Uh...there may be different hormones floating around in there...but wtf, blaming someone's cranky mood or strange reactions on a hormonal imbalance is stupid. It illegitimises the anger! Grr.

When women live in the same house long-term it does tend to synchronise. Poor dad, my mum and two sisters are all on the go at the same time! :lol:

And guys, stuff down there can kinda hurt for some girls during that time of the month. We also feel like crap, are uncomfortable, hurt all over or are really cranky as a result of all of them...it just ain't sexy :? You're lucky to find a gal that can deal with the sexy stuff during that time... (though admittedly my man's had a few lucky moments ;))