Brand names, model types & hey a little about me too

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

daver23
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 May 2012, 1:25 pm

Hello...this is my 1st post on here. I was just wondering if anyone has trouble remembering "titles" "brand names" etc. for cars, cell phones, street addresses (unless of course that is your special interest) I seem to never understand the difference between the numerous models of cars, phones, video game systems that are constantly coming out. I never find myself interested in learning what they are.

My special interests seem to rotate during the year. I have obsessions with sports statistics, music, movies (mainly drama, comedy, documentaries) I have a real hard time with fiction & action movies. Although one does slightly peak my interest here & there. I also seem to be really good with writing poetry, or stories with lots of imagination (usually with a very strange, sarcastic sense of humor) I'm 31 years old and am just now finding all the answers to why I have acted the way I have all these years. It's overwhelming but i'm glad I know now.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2012, 1:27 pm

I can't for the life of me remember people's names but I do pretty well with brand names and such.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2012, 8:42 pm

I will forget someone's name 2 minutes after they tell it to me but I remember faces. I can't remember the name or dose of my BP medicine. Cars used to be 1 of my special interests but there got to be so many brands and rebadges that I couldn't follow them all . Maybe I shouldn't say used to be interest, it's just shifted to cars not available in the US.

I'm not sure it has any bearing on my interests but I can go to a new address once and have it locked in. Musically I can play an unfamiliar song by the 2nd listening

Game titles go over my head, but generally I know the current consoles on the market

kBillingsley
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 May 2012, 9:16 pm

Somehow I can passively remember the brands and models of certain vehicles. I can even specify a time period in which they were made, for example, I can tell a truck built in the 1990s apart from one built in the early 2000s. I will just see a vehicle going down the road and automatically know the model and brand, without even realizing I had any such information. It is kind of unsettling. I do not even care about cars.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2012, 9:40 pm

I have problems remembering names for a lot of things - street names, people, etc.

The one that is the biggest problem though: song names. With everything in my own music collection (all 60 gigs or so of it), I have no problem with the names. The problem is with songs my bands do. Someone will say "let's do (song name)", and I will have no idea which song they're talking about. Then, they'll start playing, or the drums will do the fill they do to lead in, and I'll know exactly which song it is and play along. I'm notorious for this in my bands - the lead singer in one of them will just hum out something from the song usually, which is enough to cue me up.

conan
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2012, 11:36 pm

brand confusion is sometimes an intentional tactic i think. i don't understand why though