Aspie authors writing social interaction

Page 42 of 45 [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2022, 7:41 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I am almost done writing my Neo-Western story,
which is set in the Pacific Northwest several years after the end of World War I.

Sounds really cool! I had written a horror novella taking place in eastern Washington in the early 1900's, called At Night Outside The Window. Is the genre straight western?

No, it can also be considered a "Revisionist Western", which questions the
ideals of the "traditional Western" by using character development and realism.

Sounds interesting.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 6:40 pm

I'm currently working on what might turn into a series of related stories about deceased writers finding themselves traveling along a strip of highway through a hellscape inhabited by people who have been there for generations (and most of whom are pretty awful examples of humanity), as well as literal monsters. Is this actually Hell? Why are they there? They don't know for sure, and frankly, neither do I. Currently, I have Charles Bukowski and Robert E. Howard driving together in a '71 Charger (and from time to time seriously getting on one another's nerves), when they get caught up in what can be described as a war between, what Bukowski terms, "sin merchants." Admittedly, I've been inspired by Farmer's River World, as well as the Heroes In Hell anthology.
Wish me luck! That, or pray for my soul!! !

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 3:46 pm

I mailed the manuscript for my Western called Real Rough to the Library of Congress back on July 1st and will
receive confirmation by the end of this year or the beginning of 2023.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 8:58 pm

I mailed the manuscript for my Western called Real Rough to the Library of Congress back on July 1st and will

HUZZAHS!! !

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 5:16 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

HUZZAHS!! !

Thanks, Sir Kraichgauer! :D

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 7:18 pm

Anytime!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2022, 9:46 pm

I hit a speed bump regarding payment to the Library of Congress in regards to paying
the fee for the script to Real Rough (no pun intended) in which a letter was sent
to me claiming that I didn't pay the right amount owed.

I wrote a pair of checks and mailed them off several days ago; will update soon.

The_Wolf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 11:36 pm

I have always been interested in writing since I was little and have been published online twice thus far. At present, I am currently working on a historical fiction saga that follows a family throughout the American Civil War as they fight for both the Confederacy and the Union.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2022, 8:41 pm

It's H.P. Lovecraft's birthday today!
Happy birthday to the man to whom so many of us who write in the horror genre are indebted to.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 10:05 pm

I am currently stuck on writing a new draft of my rom-com/coming of age story that is centered on a socially awkward boy who believes a new girl he meets at his school will save him from the brutality of his daily troubles.

Until then, I will try to write a draft of a story intended for people who don't like spy stories (spectrum and NT alike) with the synopsis being:

Every single part of the US (including Alaska, Hawaii, a much larger Washington DC, and all US territories) has one theme park in them. Each park contains hundreds of splendid fantasy creatures that seem real to every single patron. One day, a prominent figure in the field of environmental causes decides to take her family to the theme park in another state in order to get away from the media for at least several days. But shortly before they go to the park the day of their visit, she notices a 40-foot dragon following the path of a road. She at first shrugs it off believing it only to be nothing more than an optical illusion created by the people who run the park who just want more visitors. However, she is soon recruited by a former acquaintance who not only wants to expose the park’s employees, but also the entire park system.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 10:25 pm

I am currently stuck on writing a new draft of my rom-com/coming of age story that is centered on a socially awkward boy who believes a new girl he meets at his school will save him from the brutality of his daily troubles.

Until then, I will try to write a draft of a story intended for people who don't like spy stories (spectrum and NT alike) with the synopsis being:

Every single part of the US (including Alaska, Hawaii, a much larger Washington DC, and all US territories) has one theme park in them. Each park contains hundreds of splendid fantasy creatures that seem real to every single patron. One day, a prominent figure in the field of environmental causes decides to take her family to the theme park in another state in order to get away from the media for at least several days. But shortly before they go to the park the day of their visit, she notices a 40-foot dragon following the path of a road. She at first shrugs it off believing it only to be nothing more than an optical illusion created by the people who run the park who just want more visitors. However, she is soon recruited by a former acquaintance who not only wants to expose the park’s employees, but also the entire park system.

Nothing wrong with switching to another project after getting stuck on the first. I've done it lots of times.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2022, 5:00 pm

Just got my 5th book published on Kindle, and it will soon be in paperback!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BHKNM7SV/re ... 152&sr=1-1

DunaDuna
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2022, 10:45 am

Claradoon wrote:
Everybody - would you like to post some of your writings? I'm sure we'll be very gentle iwth each other. :)

I'm not sure if I would feel comfortable sharing it here in the forum. I would share with someone interested in reading my stuff, though. And I would also love to read what you guys wrote.

DunaDuna
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2022, 10:46 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Just got my 5th book published on Kindle, and it will soon be in paperback!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BHKNM7SV/re ... 152&sr=1-1

Will have a look.

DunaDuna
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2022, 10:52 am

If you hate superhero stories, here is a prompt:
Create a character who of course becomes shocked upon learning of having superhuman abilities,
but is also on the spectrum.

Interesting. One of my main characters hates his special powers, but he's not on the spectrum. The one who is loves them :lol:

DunaDuna
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2022, 10:56 am

Going through the posts I read something about a writing club/group but can't find the related posts anymore.
Do you guys have such a club / group?
Any way I could join?