Who has NT friends and how do they treat you?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

kill231
Toucan
Toucan

11 May 2012, 3:17 am

I recently told my friends that I have AS and to my surprise they still accept me as a friend. It seems on my side faith in in NTs have been completely established

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 4:21 am

I was just saying in another thread that I seem to have pretty much filtered sane NT women out of my life (not deliberately), and I think the same is true of men, so by and large I don't seem to have NT friends. Except my first serious partner who was a relatively moderate NT as far as I can judge. How did she treat me? I was disappointed in her attitude to our relationship, because I wanted it to be our special interest and she didn't seem to see it as all that important. She would flirt mildly with other men and go into denial if I challenged her about it, and sometimes I caught her "handling" me instead of being honest.......not really capable of an open, sincere talk about relationship problems. She used to kind of gush over people, which I found unseemly to watch, and she was rather in my face sometimes. It wasn't so much a case of how she treated me....more like incompatibility between us.

There was a group of 3 female NTs I had to work with, their leader treated me badly, was extremely lazy, selfish, unfair, dismissive of others, and dishonest. The other two weren't so bad - one tried to emulate the nasty leader but wasn't bright enough to do any harm......the other was fairly quiet, wouldn't help me bring the leader down, knew better than to take such risks I guess. All three unfaithful to their partners, two of them thought it was something to be proud of. They had an obvious disdain for nerds. :evil:

One male NT taught me a lot but was just too aggressive and energetic to keep up with, so although he was valuable, we rather hated each other.

So, not good overall, but I can't say they TREATED me very much one way or the other, and I can't say I know much about them. My life had mainly been full of oddballs, weirdos, fringe people......

DefinitelyKmart
Toucan
Toucan

11 May 2012, 5:08 am

all my friends are nt and always have been, they treat me the same as everyone else, although i can wind them up at times they get me and like me. i have a general mistrust of people so i can be hard to be around, but you know what i think most know, or just don't care, i think people look too far into it, as if we have a gaping darkness like dexter waiting to come out lol.

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2012, 9:34 pm

All my friends are NT. Most of them don't know about my asperger's, but they all treat me like any other one of their other friends.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 10:54 pm

I'd say about 80% of my friends are NT. Of them, only a small handful know of my AS. In all cases, they treat me no less than they would their other friends: as people!! We like each others' company, get on each others' nerves, smile, laugh, cry...the whole notions that come from good relationships!