Does anyone else here loathe having close neighbors?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 9:40 am

Or just hate having people sitting next to you on the bus or plane or train.

Like usually I feel like always the weirdest filthiest people always come around me and merge themselves into my life, while the "interesting" looking people always avoid me like a plague.

Which makes me really wanting to be left alone after all.

I believe some people really can make a giant living out here by creeping other people out.

Not to mention I really hate living in appartments, not being able to fully blast your stereo without having someone complain to turn the noise down.

I think I want to move out to a place that is less dense and overpopulated compared to here. I'm slightly becoming misanthropic these days.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 9:44 am

When I'm on the bus, I sit on the outside seat because I don't want any strangers sitting next to me, and also so I can get out when I have to get off without them havimg to move. if the bis gets full and someone askes me to move so they can sit down, I just get out the seat and stand.

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 9:48 am

Yes, my neighbours have dogs that bark. It is annoying.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 9:51 am

EnglishJess wrote:
When I'm on the bus, I sit on the outside seat because I don't want any strangers sitting next to me, and also so I can get out when I have to get off without them havimg to move. if the bis gets full and someone askes me to move so they can sit down, I just get out the seat and stand.

Yeah that's exactly my technique, but it only works if the bus is not totally overpopulated since the beginning of the ride (otherwise you will have to stand up during the whole busride, unless you like that)

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 10:46 am

Well there is always the prospect that people will yield all the space you desire when you openly stim! On a serious note I've found my moped to help me function a little better in the world; in my area I'm entitled to use it in the bicycle lanes which are almost always empty, and I arrive at local places in the same amount of time it would take someone to drive me in their car, without being at the mercy of their driving habits, music choices and other things. If you're comfortable navigating your town by bicycle it's very similar except you cover more ground. If you live by a Tomos dealer look them up

So that's how I deal with the transport issue, but yes, neighbors; right next door there is an informal senior care facility being run from a house. They have attendants coming and going at odd hours, slamming car doors (trigger) and talking loudly (trigger) which makes the dogs start barking (trigger). On another rant it seems as all the vehicles equipped with back-up beepers love to come onto my street and sit for aeons texting with the engine on and shifter on reverse. Oh and car alarms; either they are 2 inches away and don't know how to push the keychain button, or inside sleeping when someone could drive off with their precious car anyway. In the words of
Olga Algar - Sod the neighbors!

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 May 2012, 11:40 pm

I tell you what, nothing is worse than traveling the greyhound bus system for two days. If I have to take that awful mode of transportation back to the motherland, I swear. kittens will be crucified

This one time ok this guy and i'm a pretty tolerant perosn but wow wow wow! ever have one of those, absent in mind present in body kind of feeling? alright. :twisted:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 11:48 pm

Not really. They keep to themselves and I keep to myself.

DogOfJudah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2012, 12:02 am

I live in a block of flats so have 3 neighbours and they're all douches, always slamming communal doors, and shouting and playing really lame dance music full blast the list goes on...

I say hello in the lift to keep it civil, but if they came round for a cup of sugar i'd probably chuck it at them.

As for buses, I'll get off and walk if anyone with BO, a child, old person sits next to me or people from a certain culture get on.

Not because i'm rascict, or fear them blowing the bus up or anything daft like that , they just smell BAD.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 12:09 am

I used to live in the country, this was one of the really big positives - no neighbours. At all. Not within earshot, not within sight, not within a 30 minute walk.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 2:30 am

richardbenson wrote:
I tell you what, nothing is worse than traveling the greyhound bus system for two days. If I have to take that awful mode of transportation back to the motherland, I swear. kittens will be crucified

This one time ok this guy and i'm a pretty tolerant perosn but wow wow wow! ever have one of those, absent in mind present in body kind of feeling? alright. :twisted:

Oh man! On the trip out a random hookup unfolded in the row behind me and the lavatory was malfunctioning. What pissed me off more though was I couldn't see any of the road signs at night, torture for a road geek.

The return trip was pretty uneventful, except for this Manson Family entourage getting off in this rathole TX town and there were 3 cop cars shining their lights on them, and then in Phoenix the next Richard Ramirez (Night Stalker) came and sat right next to me. Shortly after leaving this major high speed pursuit passes us by, about 10 miles up the road the car is on its roof and the fire dept. is arriving. They promised us a smoke break in Palm Springs but drove straight through to LA, it took an additional 5 hours to backtrack to Anaheim. So I tell people I rode the dog

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 5:18 am

I dislike it when people get close anyway, thats why i always try to pick seats where nobody can sit, or i just give people the feeling that they shouldn't come close, which seems to work :)

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 5:28 am

Moonhawk wrote:
I dislike it when people get close anyway, thats why i always try to pick seats where nobody can sit, or i just give people the feeling that they shouldn't come close, which seems to work :)

Unless they're really ugly, smelly and creepy. Then you get the opposite effect.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 6:01 am

edgewaters wrote:
I used to live in the country, this was one of the really big positives - no neighbours. At all. Not within earshot, not within sight, not within a 30 minute walk.

That'd be excellent.

I don't loathe these things, but I'd rather not have the inconvenience.

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2012, 11:11 pm

I hate that I have neighbours and here is why:
My apartment and the one adjacent to it used to be one apartment. When they divided them into two apartments, they didn't build a wall, they just locked a door. So basically on one end of this not large apartment, right by my bedroom, I have a door. I can hear the neighbpours sometimes, talking, coughing, watching TV and I am always freaked out that they can hear me, playing the same song 50 times in a row, talking to myself, talking to the cat, and the other day I was having sex with someone and he was loud, and maybe they could hear me too, and the bed was making a repetitive noise, I am blushing now that I am typing this even. How embarrassing. :oops: I don't like this apartment and the other thing is that there is no door in the living room that I can close or in the kitchen. I only have doors on bedroom and bathroom.
PS I placed a comforter in front of the door and put a bookcase in front of the comforter but still, stuff can be heard.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 5:05 am

I live in a detached house, in a quiet cul-de-sac, with another dozen houses. The neighbours do tend to keep to themselves for the main part and they are not bothersome at all (no loud music, dogs barking, etc). I speak quite a bit to my next door neighbour, because our kids are the same age and both are on the autistic spectrum.

The only neighbours that bother me are the older couple in the house opposite. They are what others would call 'friendly'. But, I think they're a little too nosy. For example, my husband was on leave from work yesterday, so he walked with us to school. As we were walking up the road, I could see the woman outside. She's never outside in the morning, sometimes her husband is there when I get back, as he's always gardening, but she's never there. She wanted to know why my husband wasn't at work and what we were doing with our day. I assume she saw him, as we were leaving, and planned to be outside for us returning. My husband seems to think they are the old-fashioned neighbourly sort, but I've told him to watch what he says to them. I don't think they'd do anything with the info, other than gossip. We've nothing to hide anyway. I know they are curious about me not working, probably because they have 2 daughters, around the same age as me, who 'need' to work. They've made it all too obvious that they think I should be looking for work by now.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 5:19 am

Dear Mummy of Peanut, or Countess Of The Darkness,if I am reading that correctly, I would not be comfortable around those people.

Sylkat