Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 2:49 pm

Do you sometimes think when you're trying to help a person out with their issues, that you're actually too damn stoopid to help them out?

That they view you like some sort of idiot who just comes up with random second hand solutions and actually doesn't totally get what the person needing to be helped meant with his or her question?

The "not-making-any-slight-sense-whilst-trying-to-be-helpful"-syndrome.

Ah, I guess sometimes being an idiot rocks lol.

At least I ain't too stupid to do video game script programming, that's something.

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

12 May 2012, 3:08 pm

Ugh, I hate when that happens.
All you can do then is stand by and watch, and feel useless.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 3:59 pm

i know im too dumb to help people out. im low-functioning! but "stupidity is bliss". looking at all these smart people, they are very unhappy. but i am very happy!

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 4:14 pm

AdamAutistic wrote:
i know im too dumb to help people out. im low-functioning! but "stupidity is bliss". looking at all these smart people, they are very unhappy. but i am very happy!

:wall: Its so true, sometimes I'm coming up with these really complicated answers to things and while I'm thinking about it, a kid or something will just say a few words and its a perfect answer, so frustrating

Sometimes stupid is smart and smart is stupid. Not always but sometimes.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 5:17 pm

I'm really dumb in emotional situations, when people expect immediate help, support or expect me to say something to make them feel better. I'm really bad at all these "There there... Everything's gonna be alright". More often I say something that sounds rational and true to me, but rude and cruel to others.
However, people do come to me for an advice. I have no idea why. It's not like I'm very experienced in life or anything. Maybe it's because I see things differently and can offer more alternatives to what they already know. I don't know. :?

identity
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 7:27 am

Yes I often feel like that, and worry what I say sounds patronising even though I really don't mean it to be.