Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 1:34 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
Without news stories like this, most people would have never heard of flesh eating diseases. They would also be unaware how important it is to sign a DNR before any kind of hospital treatment, no matter how young and presumably healthy one might be. From another article about this case:

Quote:
She went into cardiac arrest after being removed from the operating table, but was resuscitated, CNN affiliate WGCL reported.

Quote:
...rehab to adjust to life without her left leg, part of her abdomen and perhaps other body parts that surgeons may still remove because of her disease.

Who would possibly want to wake up like that? And why are we still stuck in the ******* Middle Ages? "We saved the patient's life! She's just a torso now and parts of her guts are missing, but we saved her! Yay!" Jesus the Christmas Jew. Shouldn't we be able to kill a bunch of ******* bacteria at this point, and use stem cell technology to regrow limbs? It's distressing how ******* primitive we still are. A bunch of apes with scalpels :evil:

This bacteria strain shouldn't even exist anymore. We should have already designed self-replicating nanobots that hunt down and kill every species on this planet that is willing and able to kill humans. If there is one thing that we're good at, it's driving other species to extinction, so let's put this talent to good use. The biosphere of this planet has ****** us up long enough, it's time for us to **** it back. Sorry for the rant, but this upsets me. We could have advanced so much further already if we wouldn't waste so much time and brain capacity on meaningless BS and pointless games of power and greed.

IMO no amount of rehab would help the emotional damage and the fact that parents haven't told her about her leg IMO is wrong. TELL ME FOR GOD SAKE!! ! also the fact that this is still around is sad as you stated. get rid of small pox etc. but not flesh eating disease. :-)

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 1:52 pm

I dunno if I had assistance I could deal with being a torso.

At least nobody at the bar could have a story top it. Just give me another beer with a straw please.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 2:02 pm

I have to..,...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cfwsfGqgPM[/youtube]

Tor
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 May 2012, 2:14 pm

I had to stop watching the news and buying newspapers about 3 months ago.
I thought that journalism was supposed to be objective, but I increasingly see it as being highly subjective and is probably
responsible for most of 'society's' problems.
I don't miss it at all :evil:

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 7:59 pm

Tor wrote:
I had to stop watching the news and buying newspapers about 3 months ago.
I thought that journalism was supposed to be objective, but I increasingly see it as being highly subjective and is probably
responsible for most of 'society's' problems.
I don't miss it at all :evil:

Originally it was, but now it's about sales in today's market. It's sad really to see news in this current state. :cry:

scubasteve
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 10:17 pm

Yahoo! News is an absolute joke. This particular article isn't even that bad. I've seen much worse.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 1:06 am

I only read news online, mostly from the local newspaper's website... so I can pick and choose the headlines I want to read about, rather than listening to all the Hollywood gossip and politically biased garbage.