Who think my english teacher needs to be replaced?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Caesaran
Raven
Raven

14 May 2012, 5:33 pm

Alrighty, I have been encountering problems with my English teacher, she is very difficult on me and other students. I believe she is not trained to deal with non-neurotypical people and has a negative biased made about me as well as try to pass it off to other teachers in the school.

She has fabricated a lie that I refuse to do my work, I actually do my work. She also gave me a hard time about using my computer and assigned me 3 more projects than my other classmates which is highly unfair then she says I can use my CP the weekend before the damn due date.

I have the feeling she is try to discriminate against me.who can relate

questor
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 8:22 pm

Keep a record of how this teacher is mistreating you and then report this to your school councelor and give him/her a copy of your notes. Make sure it's a copy, as you need to have at least one copy for yourself. If the councelor is not able to help, then tell your parents, and show them a copy of your notes about the problems you are having with this teacher.

unseenu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2012, 5:23 am

I can relate to this, I had a teacher who once sent me out for making what came across as sarcastic comments when I was simply answering her questions. I burst into tears because of that. It came to the attention of my parents when another aspie heard her reprimand a student in a different class by saying "Oh my god it's like trying to get through to [my name]! !" There was a meeting about it and she was ok after that but I never felt like contributing to the class again,my grades suffered.

Caesaran
Raven
Raven

19 May 2012, 1:28 pm

unseenu wrote:
I can relate to this, I had a teacher who once sent me out for making what came across as sarcastic comments when I was simply answering her questions. I burst into tears because of that. It came to the attention of my parents when another aspie heard her reprimand a student in a different class by saying "Oh my god it's like trying to get through to [my name]! !" There was a meeting about it and she was ok after that but I never felt like contributing to the class again,my grades suffered.

Yeah, sounds both our teachers are thick headed with very little sense about aspies. They don't understand we are deficient in group working and we work better on our own, trying to pin us in a group is a bad idea because some of us hate crowds and people in general.

They mistake our way of talking as condesending or sarcastic.

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jun 2012, 4:10 pm

When I was in primary one (age 5) I was told off by a teacher for knocking something over- I am also dyspraxic so really clumsy- and she made me sit during playtime with my head on the desk while the rest of the class we're running around, everytime I lifted my head a little she pushed it back down. I only told my mum this in primary six, its a vague memor but it shows some people are so horribly minded. Another person who my mum works with at a school snapped at my mum that she didn't see why I couldn't stay at home by myself and there was nothing wrong with me at all. I have twelve! Things 'wrong' with me but according to her and most people if a disability isn't visible I doesn't excist.