New Member Long time Aspy, Short time Diagnsed! :-)

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jarriddm
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 May 2012, 4:13 pm

Hi there I am very new to the forums here. Like so many here I am not considered normal. I have had to deal w/lots of issues and circumstances in my life. I have learned a lot of coping skills. So maybe not in the same shape as others of you. I am not perfect obviously not cured. No matter what, no matter how much I learn or how hard I try I will always be who I am. I can't tell you how it felt after going my whole life to finally know what it is that makes me how I am. Some of you will understand as you have gone through very similar situations. While yes it is weird to learn that I have an "Autism Spectrum Disorder" it was a huge relief to know why I am how I am. I have a very hard time holding on to relationships, but that doesn't mean I do not want that one special relationship that will last until I die. I was "lucky" enough to find a woman and have a son. Our relationship lasted over 11 years. It was always work and she never truly loved me. I realize that is just as much her fault as it is mine. I did not find out about the Asperger's until last September. She and I have been split for over two years now. She refuses to accept the diagnosis or to see that there are reasons for how I am. I am here because I am hoping to find people who can and do understand me, and because I have so many questions and absolutely no support. Asperger’s by it's very definition is a lonely disorder. Just because I am not social and don't "crave" company does not mean that I don't feel lonely or left out. So I guess we will see what comes of this. Even just to "see" others similar to me who understand a bit what I am and go through should help. I hope that there are those of you around me so that maybe I can build real relationships as opposed to virtual ones, but I will take whatever I can get. Thank you for having me!

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 6:35 pm

Welcome! :)

jarriddm
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 May 2012, 7:02 pm

Thanks much for the welcome.

lundygirl
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 5:33 pm

Hello and welcome to WrongPlanet :)

There are plenty of forums and threads to explore, and I'm sure you will soon feel at home here.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 5:37 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 7:33 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

jarriddm
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 May 2012, 7:57 pm

Thanks, thanks and THANKS. I am trying to jump in with both feet. I am very much of an ordered person, and of course this is not layedout with the order I would use so trying to figure it out. I am sure the creator of the site put much hard work and effort into it. One of my Aspie related issues is a bit of self inflicted perfectionisim which really just means I never like anything I do, so I never finish anything. I am glad for the Social Support Mechanisim this site provides!