Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

krex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2006, 5:48 pm

This is a huge issue for me at my job an causing a lot of stress.I am not generally a perfectionist,only about certain things.I dont know if this problem is my AS or my mothers "training" me.

The issue is....the is a right way to fold a towel and other clothes,a right way to load a dishwasher,a correct method for putting on a clients briefs(diapers),a proper way to organise dishes,food,clothes in a drawer.I have asked other staff if they could not put plastic in the bottom of the dishwasher because the water can losen it and the heat melts/warps it.A clients brief should cover the clients "parts" with as much padding in front as possible and be pu on snug so it doesnt leak.

ETCETCETC....the important thing isnt how these things are done it is my internal reaction to seeing it done poorly.It makes my heart beat faster and if it's something that I have mentioned and explained "logicall' why it works better to do it a certain way....I get really angry.(like when my manager doesnt order enough food to make meals but just random things and lots of processed foods.
I dont care that I am not the manager....I try and never say anything in a demanding or insulting way but that appears to be how people take it.I think the purposefully do it "the lazy way" just to bug me.

Anyone else experience this...anyway I can stop ruminating about these basically "small issues"...?I like being informed of an easier,more efficent way of doing things...why do others see it as an insult instead of an opportunity to learn and make their clients more comfortable....aaaaaarrrrgggggg

I have to return to work in a few hours and it's making me crazy.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Nov 2006, 9:49 pm

Yes, I know what you mean. Lots of people in the workplace always seem to take things personally, instead of logically. You would think they could see that the things you are pointing out make sense, instead of being said just to insult them. Go figure. Or else, they think that your'e after their job, trying to score brownie points with the boss, etc. It's infuriating. :(

Sixela
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2006, 11:32 pm

Gah. I'm like that too. And my brother too, actually he's much more so this way than me I think. I find it frustrating when people at work used to (I'm not working now) think I was angry with them just because I was working quietly. The thing is I sometimes was angry at them, for their messy etc. way of doing things. I mean lets face it, some people are just plain lazy, and it has a negative affect on a workplace. But, I would get too worked up over the small things for sure. I think I have my bf afraid to help me fold laundry sometimes...